R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedA drippy faucet.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: A drippy faucet.
    Posted: 27 May 2016 at 10:18am
I like this group also. My wife doesn't read it but I keep her informed. I have gotten so many ideas here.

We won't be near your area this year. We will be in the more western part on NY first, then later on, we will be near the Catskills. I've been getting ouR escaPod ready for travel.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
Pnew40 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2016 at 9:36am
Thank you for your very helpful reply! We like the flat sheet idea ,fitted at the bottom a lot.  We live near Saratoga  and Schenectady.we are looking into the stack a plate products.   I really like this group a lot .
Pat & Bill
Upstate New York
StephenH View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2016 at 9:53am
Welcome to the forum. We have had our R-Pod 179 since December. I'll try to answer some of your questions.

I had noticed a drip at the kitchen sink also. I think it is water trapped in the faucet that expands and contracts. When it does, it drips out. I have noticed this less since we replaced the stock faucet with a different one (see our mods for details, link below). This does not seem to depend on any pressure in the system. The options are to put something like a towel (paper or cloth) on the cover to absorb the drips, or to leave the cover off and let it drip into the sink.l

We just purchased regular queen sheets. They will be loose since a short queen is about 5" shorter than a regular queen. Elastic straps help with tightening the bottom sheet. One can purchase specific ones for this purpose. My wife modified the flat sheet of a queen set to have a fitted foot end. This modification makes it easier to make up the bed.

For cooking utensils, pots, dishes, glasses, etc. we had purchased a Magma nesting cookware set that is induction capable. We had purchased an induction cooker to take with us. When we have AC power, we use that. When we don't, we use the gas burners. We had purchased Stack-a-Plate holders to sit on one of the shelves in the pantry (I don't think the 180 has that). It keeps the Corelle plates from sliding about. These sit toward the outer edge with cups/glasses placed behind. I also got cupboard bars and refrigerator bars to help keep things in place. non-slip shelf liners can also help in the cabinets to keep things from sliding about during travel. However, when you hit bumps, things are going to shift; Baskets also help keep things confined. We got wire mesh ones when they were on sale at Aldi. You can use plastic bins also.

Ultimately, you will learn as you travel what works and what doesn't for you. I've mentioned some of the things we do. You will likely come up with solutions that work for you. Don't let worries over what might happen detract from enjoying your travel.

We will be heading up to New York this summer. Where are you located? If we anywhere near you, it would be nice to get together.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
Pnew40 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2016 at 9:06am
It's been a week now since we brought our 180 r pod home. We love it and having fun equipping it with various items needed to have it all set and ready to go.  Planning our first weekend trip probably for the weekend after next.   A few questions for this group. First,  a small ha pint of water was placed in our water tank by RV dealer to be able to show sink etc. working.  Tank is basically empty but every time we go into pod we notice a drip on the sink cover.  Anyone else have this ?

Looking for RV queen short sheets...so far what we see online reviews poorly.  What do others on list use?

When traveling to camping spot...do you leave cooking utensils , pots , Corelli dishes and plastic glasses in your cabinets? How do we stock our cabinets and drawers travel friendly?     We have  had a blast shopping and filling storage areas , but this is not going to work when on the road.  Help!
Pat & Bill
Upstate New York
 Post Reply Post Reply