Topic ClosedOur First Trailer - Our First Outing - Event Date: 06 Oct 2016

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
OurRPod View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Our First Trailer - Our First Outing
    Posted: 27 Jun 2016 at 3:48pm
My Fiancee and I discussed your post and decided to call Forest River ourselves.  At first the gal said it there wasn't one, but when we told her about yours she put us on hold for awhile.  When she returned she said it is actually on recall and we are starting the process.

I also have a all into the Service Department Manager where we purchased it to let him know of the issue.   Looks like we'll be taking it in somewhere to get the modifications done.
OurRpod
2010- Rpod 151
1996 Chevy Silverado 6.5L Turbo Diesel (AKA The Land Yacht)
Leo B View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2016 at 9:26pm
Nice looks good!
Leo & Melissa Bachand
2017 Ford F150
2021 Vista Cruiser 19 csk
Previously owned
2015 Rpod 179
2010 Rpod 171
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2016 at 9:22pm
Inverter for cooking, no.  Anything that heats is a bad fit for battery power, at least small portable systems.  Inverter-generator, good choice.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
OurRPod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2016 at 6:44pm
The first outing was a success!  Other than the trailer jack gears stripping while we were leveling it when we arrived all went really well.   (This was an easy fix on the way home for $29.99 at Harbor Freight.)

Our new Aroma Turbo (Pressure Cooker/Rice Cooker/Crockpot) cooked a number of meals each in just a few just minutes.  I have a feeling I'm going to love learning to cook in this thing this summer.   This time we were in a site with full hook-ups so we had power to use this.  While we have two deep batteries that my fiance says they would run the cooker for a short period if we had an inverter.  Time for some research on that one.   So for now we've selected and ordered a 2000W Portable Inverter Generator so we can use when dry camping.   

Also new to me is the dual purpose Microwave/Convection oven.    This worked like a charm too.  My Fiance believes that we'll be able to use with the generator we've selected as well.  He should know - he's the one with the electrical license Smile

Our best score so far was our $4.00 seasoned grill.  It fit perfectly over the two burners and cooked our steaks to perfection.  The bacon and eggs the next morning were really easy whip up too.

Loving our new trailer and I'm very glad we took the time to go on a short weekend trip before we head out for a longer trip over the 4th of July holiday.   I know we are going to get a lot of use out of it.

OurRPod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2016 at 4:52pm
I read that on the government Website but when our dealer contacted Forest River they said it wasn't part of the recall.   It does have running lights all around the sides and we do run with our lights on all the time but no light bar on the top back.   
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2016 at 7:40am

Congratulations on your RP151 and welcome to the group!
this_is_nascar View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2016 at 6:47am
That's great.  Our 1st Pod was a 2010 151.  Make sure it has the light bar on the top back and lights on the fenders.  It was part of a recall.
"Ray & Connie"

- 2017 R-Pod RP-180
- 2007 Toyota Tacoma TRD-Off Road
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2016 at 9:18pm
Have fun.  Love me some apple pie.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
StephenH View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2016 at 4:08pm
Welcome! Apple pie sounds good. I did chocolate chip cookies the last time I was out with our 179.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
OurRPod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2016 at 2:37pm
We went camping (in our Tent) on Memorial Day weekend on the Pacific Northwest Coast and as you might image in rained quite heavily.  

We had been discussing purchasing a travel trailer for the last year and that tripped tent camping sealed it for me.  On our way home we stopped by a number of dealers looking for a trailer, each time finding nothing.  Lucky for us the last dealer we stopped at had a number of trailers and since it was the last day of the month and after their Memorial Day sale they were in a good negotiating mood.  We were able to purchase our 2010 R-Pod 151 for a really good cash price along with some ad in's from the dealer.

We picked it up this Wednesday and filled it with all of the usual items we had for tent camping as well as a few new purchases such as an Aroma (Rice Cooker/Pressure Cooker/Slow Cooker) Combo.   Initially I thought it may be too small for all of our gear but amazingly we still have a lot of room left.   I'm sure after a few trips we'll find more to fill it up.

We are heading out in just a few hours for our first camping trip in "OURRPOD"  for the weekend.  Even though the forecast this weekend is the same as it was for Memorial Day (RAIN) instead of dreading the rain I don't even care about the forecast.    With combination Microwave/Convection oven this baker is looking forward to baking Hot apple pie to go with the chicken and dumplings this evening.

Thank you to everyone for posting your information and MOD's.  I was able to review a number of them and in the two short days we've actually had her we've been able to get a few small things accomplished. As we camp more I'm sure there will be a lot more to come.

We are happy to join the great number of R-Pod owners.

Post Reply Post Reply