R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPod Covers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pod Covers
    Posted: 13 Jun 2016 at 5:28pm
Oops. I missed that. The first one has a "limited lifetime warranty" but is only 1 ply. The second has a three year warranty but with a 3 ply roof in white instead of all-over gray. The one I bought is the one with the 3 year warranty. The other costs about $66 more. I guess it would have to be your choice. I'm not sure what the fine print is on the warranty for the first one. I would check that and then decide. Snags and tears from things like the rain gutter extensions or track ends would be things that could happen, but would not be covered as the warranty only covers "a defect in workmanship or materials during the warranty period." I read that as if a seam fails or the material fails and it is not due to something catching or tearing it, then it would be covered. Otherwise, it isn't. There is an old saying, "The devil is in the details," and Classic Accessories does not provide much information as to what would and wouldn't be covered.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
CoosBayRPodder View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2016 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by StephenH

The first one won't fit your 180. The second one linked is the wrong one also since the door is in the wrong location. This one is the one we have for our 179. From the picture it should fit your 180 as well since the door is in the same location. See this R-Pod cover.I had it on, but took it off to do some work. We will be using it more when we have an extended pause between trips. I got some pool noodles and cut sections to fit over the antenna wings and over the gutter extensions as well as over the bottom track ends to protect the cover from sharp edges. That should help it last longer.

The first one seems to default to the small, there is a option for a large one that will fit the 180. Thanks for the tips
Roy & Dudi
2017 R-Pod 180 "PODdy Time"
StephenH View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2016 at 9:24am
The first one won't fit your 180. The second one linked is the wrong one also since the door is in the wrong location. This one is the one we have for our 179. From the picture it should fit your 180 as well since the door is in the same location. See this R-Pod cover.I had it on, but took it off to do some work. We will be using it more when we have an extended pause between trips. I got some pool noodles and cut sections to fit over the antenna wings and over the gutter extensions as well as over the bottom track ends to protect the cover from sharp edges. That should help it last longer.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
Pod People View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2016 at 7:37am
I don't know which model pod you have, so can't address which(if either) cover will fit.  I will say that we have the classic Accessories cover and it fits our 173 perfectly.  It is high quality and we have used it for about 4 years so far.  In NC, we have so much pollen, oak leaves(staining) and tree sap that I cover the pod  as much as possible
Vann

Vann & Laura 2015 RPod 179
CoosBayRPodder View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2016 at 12:55am
Wondering if any of you have either one of these covers, what you think of them and would you recommend one over the other?

Do you cover your Pod? If not, why? I am a firm believer in covering to protect from harmful UV rays.

https://www.amazon.com/Classic-Accessories-80-256-161001-00-Medium-PermaPro/dp/B018M3JDWW/ref=pd_sim_sbs_263_4?ie=UTF8&dpID=41abW%2B5AP7L&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=EJVX2YC9JNQDHKWQTS2M

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GZLR754/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=7RKNL8GL2QCP&coliid=I1YBKZQEDCYR4Z&psc=1
Roy & Dudi
2017 R-Pod 180 "PODdy Time"
 Post Reply Post Reply