R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Lighting furnace - Event Date: 25 Jun 2016

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
jato View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote jato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Lighting furnace
    Posted: 13 Apr 2022 at 4:35pm
Have never had this happen (yet) but expect it could be an issue to pop up on our 11 year old 177.  Please let me know how involved it is to change the sail switch and how long it took to do the job.  Thanks.  We have used our furnace a lot over the last 11 years as we do the bulk of our camping in spring or fall when there are less people camping as versus the summer time.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
traveleric View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote traveleric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2022 at 2:19pm
I think the issue is a bad sail switch. Will replace this weekend and let you all know.
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 9:44pm
Ensure there is propane in the tank, the tank is connected to the regulator, and the valve is turned on. Check by lighting the stove to verify that propane is flowing properly.

Set thermostat fan to Auto. Set thermostat mode to heat. Set temperature higher than the ambient temperature by a few degrees. The furnace fan should start up. After several seconds, the gas valve should open and the spark ignition should ignite the propane.

Potential problems:  
No 12V power. Make sure the battery is correctly connected and that you have power to the system.
Blown fuse for the furnace.  If fan is not even running, then this might be the problem.
Bad or stuck sail switch (lets the furnace electronics know that the blower is moving air properly). If the fan is running but gas does not flow, this could be the cause.
Bad electronics for the furnace. This has been known to happen.

StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
traveleric View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote traveleric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 8:23pm
Okay I have this exact same problem and the responses I’m seeing aren’t getting me to the fix. Would love how to get my furnace to kick on.

2017 rpod 178

Also I’d anyone had the furnace manual link handy?

Thank you kindly.
ClariceRoberts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ClariceRoberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2017 at 4:09am

Yeah the thermostat should always be on the auto mode. A few days back, my aunt also faced the same situation. Her furnace was not lighting. Some one suggested to make sure the thermostat is on the correct setting and temperature,
re-light the pilot if it has gone out, and make sure that the gas line
is working. At last she decided to consult the professionals to make sure the problems are solved well.
Clarice Roberts
densmorema View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote densmorema Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2016 at 11:02pm
it should have auto ignition , just make sure the gas is on.
Mike and Cherie
Michigan
2015 R179 2016 silverado
densmorema View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote densmorema Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2016 at 10:59pm
I n the fan mode on the thermostat make sure its in the auto mode or the ac blower will come on.
Mike and Cherie
Michigan
2015 R179 2016 silverado
mtdave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote mtdave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2016 at 4:01pm
Ah, nice. Thanks
2011 R-Pod 176
2009 Chevy Suburban 1500
CharlieM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote CharlieM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2016 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by mtdave

Okay, I see. That thing about having the AC unit fan running continuously while the furnace is set to 'on' is an annoying option. Is there a way to change that?

On the thermostat set the fan mode to auto.
Charlie
Northern Colorado
OLD: 2013 RP-172, 2010 Honda Pilot 3.5L 4WD
PRESENT: 2014 Camplite 21RBS, 2013 Supercharged Tacoma 4L V6 4WD
mtdave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote mtdave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2016 at 3:26pm
Okay, I see. That thing about having the AC unit fan running continuously while the furnace is set to 'on' is an annoying option. Is there a way to change that?
2011 R-Pod 176
2009 Chevy Suburban 1500
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>