Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed2017 179 - Deposit Made!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
birderdiane526 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2017 179 - Deposit Made!
    Posted: 02 Aug 2016 at 10:00pm
Glad you snapped up the last 179! That's what we bought through a private sale recently and we love it! We're full-timers, with a Livingston Texas domicile! Where in Texas are you from?
Diane and Michael
2016 179 "PIP" (PODDING IN PARADISE)
2007 Toyota Tundra
BLOG:Podding in Paradise,
birderdiane526.blogspot.com
Mojave1 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2016 at 9:04pm
Congratulations on the 179! I think I got the last one on the lot in my area and all those on order were sold. We noticed other models that were on the lots a few days before were gone. They must be selling like hot cakes!

We took ours home and washed and waxed it ourselves. We're too cheap to have cable TV. Turned on the Rpod's TV and there was HD channels! We hadn't seen HD before (LOL). So out came the popcorn and we watched TV late into the evening. 

Friday, Saturday & Sunday will be our first camping trip. Lake Murray Oklahoma. Even if it's 100 degrees out! We'll stay inside, crank the AC and watch movies if we have to. No matter what, we're going camping!

Hope you get your trailer soon! Best wishes from Texas.
Leo B View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2016 at 8:27pm
That does look comfortable!!
Leo & Melissa Bachand
2017 Ford F150
2021 Vista Cruiser 19 csk
Previously owned
2015 Rpod 179
2010 Rpod 171
DanoJKU View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2016 at 8:11pm
Congrats on the 179!  You are going to love it! 

Here's the mattress we bought and it's really comfortable.  I have some lower back issues and I found this 10" Spring Version to feel better than my home mattress. Soft yet firm.  It is shipped rolled and vacuum packed and it is best to unwrap it inside the RPod on the bed platform and guide it in to position as it unfolds.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JRHI1LM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Dano and Shell
2020 Imagine 2150RB \ 2019 F150 5.0
timpamt View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2016 at 11:58am
Super!  Thanks StephenH!

Yes, I read your post about using the spread fabric for the curtain.  We like the blinds in the other windows - I'll call them "friction blinds" 'cause I don't know what they are called.  We're going to see if a similar blind can be ordered and installed for the new door window.

We are so excited to acquire our new travel trailer now we are going to tell the dealer to wait on most of the options work.  They are only an hour away, thank goodness - a big factor in our decision to go ahead was the friendly, capable, and available dealer service.

We make a lot of trips from Leesburg, VA to Asheville, NC to visit (and care for) our families.  We often stay in a hotel halfway down - now we can stay in our travel trailer!

Great tip on the mattress.  You are right - great price!  We are leaning toward a spring mattress, though, as that's what we are used to at home - a firm one as we both have back trouble.  For the price, though, we might just try the 8" memory foam and see how it sleeps! 

Thanks again for the support!

Tim
Tim and Pam
2017 R-Pod 179 - "Little Bear"
2014 Toyota Tacoma Crew Cab
StephenH View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2016 at 9:45am
Welcome! We have a 2016 R-Pod 179 and are really enjoying it. I installed a window in the door myself. It did not take too long, so if I can do it in an afternoon, it should not take your dealer long to do it. It is such a good addition to the R-Pod. I would hope that some day, it would be a standard item. I did make and install a curtain for it (see my mods) along with matching curtains for the kitchen window. Since yours should come with the curtain rods for the kitchen window instead of the plastic slider tracks, see if you can get some extra fabric to match. I disassembled the bedspread (can't really call it a quilt) that came with the R-Pod and used that fabric since Forest River said I couldn't get more of the original curtain fabric since the upholstery colors had changed and they did not have any of the fabric available.

We are enjoying the mattress we got to replace the stock one. Unfortunately, it is out of stock and Amazon lists the wait time as 4-5 months Thumbs Down for the Zinus 10-inch mattress. There are alternatives, but this one was such a good price for a really good mattress. I guess that is why they sold out. Although the 10-inch mattress we bought is out of stock, the 8-inch mattress is available. It would probably be quite good as well. (Zinus Sleep Master Ultima Comfort Memory Foam 8 Inch Mattress, Short Queen). If I were to order again, I would probably order the 8-inch instead of the 10-inch anyway, both for weight savings and ease of moving to get to the water heater and water pump.

The dealer we purchased from did not have a campground. Our first trip was from the dealer to our driveway. The next was cross-country from North Carolina to Nevada and Arizona and back. Grandchildren were the attraction there. It was that trip that gave me ideas for many of the mods I have made. You will probably find inspiration for your own mods as you go. We have found that wire baskets or wooden crates (small ones like those sold in Michaels) make getting things in and out of the under-stove cabinet much easier. Likewise, baskets make the pantry easier to use since they confine items that might shift and fall out when you open the door. Expansion rods can help, but the bins work better for us.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
Leo B View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2016 at 7:26am
Welcome to the group! Congrats!
Leo & Melissa Bachand
2017 Ford F150
2021 Vista Cruiser 19 csk
Previously owned
2015 Rpod 179
2010 Rpod 171
birderdiane526 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2016 at 11:26pm
Congratulations! Your excitement comes through loud and clear!! Happy trails!
Diane and Michael
2016 179 "PIP" (PODDING IN PARADISE)
2007 Toyota Tundra
BLOG:Podding in Paradise,
birderdiane526.blogspot.com
timpamt View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2016 at 11:16pm
Oh , and our dealer service department is going to install a window in the door for us too. Might wait and have them do that this winter.
Tim and Pam
timpamt View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2016 at 10:26pm
  I've been reading the posts on this forum for a few months - and Pam and I are ready to own one!  We put down a deposit yesterday - and we'll take delivery as soon as we can - maybe next weekend!  Working out how to proactively resolve some of the issues and options - thanks everybody for the tips and advice!
  Thanks to advice on the forum, we're going with two batteries, battery cutoff switch, two propane tanks, and the Pahaque awning.
http://pahaquecustom.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=29
  Looking forward to resolving the television mount bracket issue, and planning to get a better short queen mattress right off the bat.  
  Pam and I had a great time this weekend shopping for travel trailer stuff!  Can't wait to take our maiden voyage - which we are planning make from the dealer's parking lot to the dealer's campground - to identify any issues that might come up so they can be resolved by the service guys the next day!
  More to come!  Looking forward - thanks again everybody for the encouragement and advice!! 
Tim and Pam
 Post Reply Post Reply