R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNeed TV help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
DawgLady View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need TV help
    Posted: 18 Jul 2016 at 11:23pm
Thanks so much for your help. I finally have it working and would have never figured it out without your help. This group is terrific!!
Dawg Lady
2016 R-180 "Lizzy"
Georgia
ChetC View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2016 at 9:15pm
You have two cable connections located just above your tv, on the side of the overhead cabinet. The bottom one is connected to your roof antenna and is "activated" when the little booster switch is pressed in and the red light comes on.

The top jack, labeled Satellite, is a direct connection to the outside connection on your camper. When you plug into a campground's cable connection, you must move the inside connection to "Satallite" in order to receive the signal on your tv.

Regardless of which you use, you'll need to scan for the channels on the tv the first time you fire it up. From the menu on your tv, select channels and auto scan. If you're using the rooftop antenna, select "air" as the type and if you're connected to a campground cable or satellite connection, select "cable" as the type. The tv will then autoprogram the channels and you'll be good to go.

As a side note, if you watch TV using the rooftop antenna, be sure to turn off the booster when you're done as it may drain your battery over time if you're not plugged into shore power.
Former 2017 rPod 180 owner
Now in a 2019 Little Guy MAX
Full timer who logs more than 35,000 miles per year.
WillThrill View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2016 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by DawgLady

I have had my 180 Pod for several months and love it. Have not tried to watch TV until this trip. Can someone tell me what settings have to be on Jensen to receive? I have cable hooked up outside on cable connections and have made sure they are tight. All I get when turning on TV is snow. I have tried the different source settings but still the same. I am sure it is something simple I don't have set right but have tried everything I know. Thanks for any help for this newbie.

We had to switch the audio/video cables on the TV itself from the back to the side in order to get it to work properly.  Also, go through all of the inputs with the remote.  That should fix the issue.

On a side note, had we kept our Pod, I would definitely have invested in another bracket that would allow us to tilt the TV down in order to see it better.  If you were lying on the bed, it was almost impossible to make it what was going on on the TV.
"Not all those who wander are lost." Tolkien

2014 Hood River 177
2005 GMC Envoy XL
Podster View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2016 at 6:27pm
One time I stayed at a resort that offered a cable tv hookup at the post. Long story short, I had to connect the outside feed to the "satellite" connection and then move the inside connection from antenna to whatever the other one is, and it worked. You have to experiment with the tv input from there. 

The connections don't make any sense to me and are definitely counter-intuitive, but it worked. 

Cliff & Raelynn
Ranger 4.0/178
(1/2 ton 5,800lb tow capacity)
DawgLady View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2016 at 5:22pm
I have had my 180 Pod for several months and love it. Have not tried to watch TV until this trip. Can someone tell me what settings have to be on Jensen to receive? I have cable hooked up outside on cable connections and have made sure they are tight. All I get when turning on TV is snow. I have tried the different source settings but still the same. I am sure it is something simple I don't have set right but have tried everything I know. Thanks for any help for this newbie.

Dawg Lady
2016 R-180 "Lizzy"
Georgia
 Post Reply Post Reply