R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed2009 Rpod 174 can I use a/c and toste oven ? - Event Date: 21 Jul 2016

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: 2009 Rpod 174 can I use a/c and toste oven ?
    Posted: 02 Aug 2016 at 6:42pm
A bit late on the reply here, but here goes.  With a 30 amp hookup (either at home or campsite) you can run 2 of the 3 major appliances in the pod at one time, plus everything else.  The major items are the electric element in the water heater, the A/C and the microwave.  If you have a 15 or 20 amp connection you can only run 1 of those things at a time.  Add in a skillet, hairdryer, ice cream machine, disco ball, etc along with the maximum number of items mentioned above and you will trip a breaker.

A note that you can run the electric and LP modes on the water heater at the same time to reheat the water faster and give you a slightly longer shower.  If you leave both of them on the electric mode will keep it hot during the day so you aren't using LP.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
jato View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2016 at 1:07pm
That is true, you won't wilt.  And in ours, you don't have the option of A/C since we special ordered our 177 w/o it.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
MoPod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2016 at 1:45pm
I have a 2010.  My GFI throws if I run electric skillet, microwave, and coffee pot.  We carry an extension cord and when 20 amp service available, in addition to 30 amp, we
 run our heavy drawers of power on the extension.  I have thrown breaker with hairdryer, a/c, and coffee pot.  Be like a boy scout and be prepared.  You won't wilt if you turn off A/C for a few minutes to run another appliance.

Bill & Nancy
2015 RPod 179
Previously 2010 RPod 176
2014 Explorer Sport
TheBum View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2016 at 11:35am
The only time I tried to use the A/C and microwave at the same time in my 2016 179, the main breaker in the R-Pod tripped.
jato View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2016 at 8:52pm
Easiest way to turn off fridge is to either hold the mode button for about 5 seconds and everything goes off or turn off the circuit breaker for the fridge.  I prefer the first way.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
Safetyman15 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2016 at 8:29pm
As long as you are on a 30 amp shore power connection you should be able to run ac and micro and croc pots etc. Hot water:Make sure you have your water heater full of water!! You can tell by turning on your faucet and water should flow steady from hot or cold side. Then turn on switch near sink. This will heat water with electric only. If you go outside and open the hot water heater cover you will see a small switch in the wall. You must remove the protective clip. If you turn this switch on ( and the propane at the tank)
the gas water heater will light. Gas heats faster but if you turn that water heater switch back off you will heat with electric only. But never turn either switch on without water in the heater. Remember one switch on electric water heat, two switches on gas water heat. You can unplug the refrigerator by opening the two vented panels outside behind the refrigerator. Just unplug it. Or, inside when you plug your trailer into a 30 amp service if you do not make a selection the refrigerator will not come on, just let it blink away imploring your decision. Check the forum sections they can help you! Good luck. Keep asking good questions! Enjoy your R Pod it will serve you well. Other forum writers may make better suggestions for you, and I welcome them. We are all r ponders together.

Safetyman
Cici View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2016 at 10:27pm
What can I run with my a/c, I have used 2009 #174 someone said you can't run your A/C and micowave at the same time, can I use croc pot & micowave at the same time, also how do you turn off your refrigerator? How to turn your hot water on ? Sorry but I don't have any paper work.
Mary Willis
 Post Reply Post Reply