R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPropane line mods

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
River Rat View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Propane line mods
    Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 5:00pm
http://propanegear.com/propane-quick-connect-y-adapter-with-shut-offs/

The stove is a camp chef Weekender , the hose comes from them as an accessory, and  the link has the " Y ". I will be getting this soon!

Eric,Kristina,Mackenzie,Rogan
River Pod 2016 182g
Tacoma, My other car is a raft
Podster View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2016 at 11:18pm
It's all about finding a Y with the correct type of connectors. Your additional BBQ appliance will be equipped with it's own regulator so pressure should not be an issue. 

If you live near a Camping World, that would be a good place to check for the adapter. 

Next best place would be an RV parts supply. 

You can also check online. Camco has a bunch of LP supply adapters for RVs. 

Good luck, let us know how it works out. Smile

Cliff & Raelynn
Ranger 4.0/178
(1/2 ton 5,800lb tow capacity)
Beachguysc View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2016 at 9:59pm
We have a 182g. I love cooking on the grill hooked up to the quick connect under the garage. We recently cooked some bacon and eggs inside the rpod, but I really wanted to do it outside. I couldn't imagine the smell that would linger inside if I had blackened fish. So I figure that I want to put a portable stove burner outback. I would store it in the left undercounter sink-like structure. I think they call it the cooler, but we will never use it for that. Right now it is just a great place to store pots, pans, etc. The easy way would be to just use a Coleman camping stovetop and th small propane canisters. But it would be great if I could also hook it to the quick release at the same time the grill is running. Can you put a splitter in the quick release? Even if I can't use a splitter and have to change out the line from one cooker to the other, can those camping stoves that use the small propane cylinders be used with the quick release line? Does it need some kind of inline converter. I would guess the connector and the pressure would be different. Any advice from someone who has done any mod like this would be appreciated. 
Tim and Melina
2016 182G
2015 GMC Canyon crew cab 4x4 SLT = main Tv
2017 Toyota Highlander Hybrid-TV
 Post Reply Post Reply