R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedEco PRO Sealant or What Wax

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Leo B View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Eco PRO Sealant or What Wax
    Posted: 05 Aug 2016 at 8:52am
We have not used any package from our dealer. I use the same Harley Davidson polish that I use on my bike. It seems to protect well.(so far 87 years of owning  r-pods)
Leo & Melissa Bachand
2017 Ford F150
2021 Vista Cruiser 19 csk
Previously owned
2015 Rpod 179
2010 Rpod 171
ToolmanJohn View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2016 at 8:30am
 This is essentially going to be the same as the paint protection packages sold by car dealerships for immense profit.

You are better off applying a good automotive car wax once a year yourself (if you are physically able to). Save a lot of money. The Pod shell is fiberglass. It's much more important to make certain the edges are sealed correctly to keep water from intruding into the wall structure.

I have only waxed one time since buying my Pod in August 2012. I used Klasse All in One, I have for over 20 years on my vehicles. It just works very well and I only do it twice a year on the cars.

The Pod gets dusty and dirty, but a good rainfall cleans it off. I don't have any trees near where I park the Pod, so it's never been a big problem. I have used the black streak remover on a couple occasions. I guess the rubber window and door trim moldings are not exactly automotive grade. Only on a camper have I ever seen black streaks.

2017 ATC 7X20 Custom Toy Hauler
2013 R-Pod 177 (SOLD)
2013 VW Touareg TDI
jdtrotter View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 11:27pm
The dealer is offering a Eco Pro RV package which is a sealant on the outside that is supposed to last for 5 years and a stain and mold treatment on the inside. 

I did a search of this forum and found one short thread about it and everyone was skeptical as are we. 

Mold on the inside is not a concern for us as we live in a very dry climate and we can use Scotch guard on the cushions, but we are concerned about the outside. 

Two questions, please

Has anyone had this sealant package done?

What products do you use to protect the outside?

Thank you very much

Post Reply Post Reply