R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedFixing a bent door - Event Date: 21 Aug 2016

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Poddyhottie View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Fixing a bent door
    Posted: 30 Aug 2016 at 2:26pm
Thanks everyone! I'll see what I can do about each of these things.
Making memories one trip at a time
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2016 at 8:48am
Having straitened a 'stream door, I doubt much can be done with the pod's door construction, but remove it, wedge it some where and attempt to bend it back. A new door can be ordered from FR parts dept. I have no clue about $$$, but a door isn't that hard to change out. 

The bolts holding the stabs on are a bit random, and in fact many pods are welded, not bolted. Pull a bolt and take it with you. It will be a 3/16th or 1/4 self tapping I am sure.

Under your shower is a grate you can remove, behind that is the plumbing for the shower drain, check that it is all secure and tight. Check the plumbing going into/out of the faucet also. ANY time water is anywhere in the pod besides where it is supposed to, the answer is find and correct the plumbing leak. Anytime it's getting in from the outside, the answer is to find the leak and caulk.
Leo B View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2016 at 6:47am
Ditto. 
Leo & Melissa Bachand
2017 Ford F150
2021 Vista Cruiser 19 csk
Previously owned
2015 Rpod 179
2010 Rpod 171
Podster View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2016 at 10:51pm
Wow, you got a lot going on there. 

1. If the door frame is otherwise sound, I would be shopping for a new door. 

2. Not sure what fastener on the stabilizer you are referring to, but maybe you can pull the same one from one of the others and use it to match it up?

3. You need to find out exactly where the water is coming from and fix it at the source. 

Cliff & Raelynn
Ranger 4.0/178
(1/2 ton 5,800lb tow capacity)
Poddyhottie View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2016 at 8:09pm
I'm a complete newbie to the RV world and I could really use some wise guidance from you more experienced fellow campers. I recently bought a used 2010 174. I love it but it has a few issues that I need to correct, especially before the weather turns cold and wet. 

The first is the door - the previous owner damaged it (looks like he may have gotten too close to the edge of a carport) so it doesn't latch. The door is pushed in and it's very tight at the top but mid way down the door where the door knob is, the door is pushed out too far to actually latch (and hence, lock). The only way to keep the door closed is to fold over the handrail onto it - my temporary and insecure solution. I've called a lot of places but all the shops are booked weeks out. Is there anything I can do myself to possibly fix it so it at least latches? 

The second issue is - the rear stabilizer is loose. The pod came with scissor stabilizers - the issue is that the one side is completely loose because the screw / bolt is missing. Do you know what size and length of screw / bolt I should buy to reconnect it?

The third issue is  - I took my first shower in the pod and discovered that water was pouring out of it outside by the step. Do you know if I can simply caulk the corners to resolve this? If so, what do you suggest I use? 

Thank you so much for your helpful ideas and suggestions.
 Post Reply Post Reply