R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedfurnace not working

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: furnace not working
    Posted: 04 Oct 2016 at 12:41pm
thanks for the update
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
podrunner View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2016 at 11:56am
Update:  After we got home, the heater started working again although intermittently. Having read about the sail switch on this forum, I took a fan turned it on high and forced air through the front grill of the furnace. After I cycled it a few times, it now seems to work properly. I am guessing that perhaps the sail switch was sticking as we have not used the furnace much this year or any year.  So I think  that is good to turn your heater off and on a few times each trip to keep the sail switch working properly.

Happy Trails to You..
2010 R Pod 151
2017 4runner
2006 Honda Metropolitan
kent l View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2016 at 12:28am
I had the ingniter go bad on mine. I replaced it and now it works. I think the ground part on the ingniter was not grounding. No spark no lighting
Tars Tarkas View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2016 at 2:53pm
Mr. Heater is a good idea but my furnace quit a year or so ago.  It was a real trick tracking down the problem, which turned out to be a shorted wire between the furnace and the thermostat.  It was a chore replacing that wire.  There is a post about it on here somewhere.  I hope that's not your problem and it's really not very likely to be.  I could bypass the thermostat and get the furnace to work by jumping a couple of wires at the furnace.  If it doesn't work when bypassing the thermostat it seems safe to assume the thermostat isn't the problem, in which case it could be the control board on the furnace.  Just guessing at this point.

Good luck.

TT
2010 176
FJ Cruiser
ToolmanJohn View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2016 at 11:56am
 I don't know how to go about fixing it, but in a pinch you could go buy a Mr heater portable Buddy heater (about $85 to $140 depending where bought). It uses 1 pound propane bottles, kicks out great heat for a decent amount of time, is quiet and needs NO electricity to operate. Has tip-over safety and a low oxygen detection system. This is how I heat the R-Pod, I don't use the furnace any more. I just keep the bathroom ceiling vent opened about an inch, and a couple windows cracked the same (not the bed windows, brrrr). Toasty.

https://www.amazon.com/Mr-Heater-F232000-Indoor-Safe-Portable/dp/B002G51BZU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1475337440&sr=8-1&keywords=mr%2Bheater%2Bbuddy&th=1

2017 ATC 7X20 Custom Toy Hauler
2013 R-Pod 177 (SOLD)
2013 VW Touareg TDI
podrunner View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2016 at 11:50am
We are out on our last camping trip of the year and our furnace has stopped working . I have checked all the obvious, plenty of propane, fuse in the converter, even tried bypassing the thermostat. It was working and cycling last evening, but nothing now. Any ideas for a quick fix.

thanks in advance

2010 R Pod 151
2017 4runner
2006 Honda Metropolitan
 Post Reply Post Reply