R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAnyone have issues with floor delaminating

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone have issues with floor delaminating
    Posted: 22 Oct 2016 at 7:23pm
A) you don't have laminate flooring. You have a vinyl floor laid down over a luan/aluminum/foam structure.

B) we have seen a couple times the flooring bubble up while towing, because an air leak allowed pressurized air between the flooring and the floor itself.

C) Yes, the standard warranty is 1 year, with a 2nd year from FR available for purchase at time of pod purchase.

As far as how to handle it, mcarter is pretty much on it. If it's stored inside, in TX.. is it climate controlled? It is quiet possible it's a heat issue if not. Or aliens..

mcarter View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2016 at 7:09pm
I will take a shot at this.  I have never experienced delamination without water intrusion. I had a Coachman motor home that got caught in a noreaster in Maryland years ago that delaminated around one window.  I have never seen a floor delaminate.  If you don't have a water leak then there may be an adhesive failure.  The area will be "cushy" because the floor covering is not adhered to the base floor structure.  I am not sure warranty will cover this, but not an expert.  I would drill a small hole and see if I could detect moisture, if so I would hunt leak.  If not I would I would drill a series of holes and inject adhesive to reglue floor to base ( will require pressure), of course this is all based on on no warranty.  Bottom line is glue and wet don't get along, and solve that issue if it exists and then you may figure it out.  Be interested in what you figured out issue was.
spacemonkey View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 10:03pm
Hey guys I have a 2013 rpod 177 that has been stored inside since I bought it. It's been used some but not heavily. Within the last mont the laminate flooring has started to bubble up and separate from the sub floor. It's getting worse. It's an area about 2 foot by 2 foot at the moment.    Has anyone else had this happen. It's very frustrating the amount of money I spent on this thing and as little use as it's had to be doing this. I seem to recall the dealer saying there was just a 1 year warranty. It's seems to quite obviously be a manufacturing defect as I can't find any reason it should be doing this. The floor almost feels as if it may be soft underneath but it's hard to tell for sure. There is no water leakage that I can find. It kind of just happened between camping trips.
 Post Reply Post Reply