R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedUpdate: Floor sag repair and Forest river

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
rGod2013 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Update: Floor sag repair and Forest river
    Posted: 05 Nov 2016 at 11:51am
I have not had a situation as such. I am a curious fellow, so when we purchased our used 178 I had to remove all the access panels to see what's inside. The panel next to the bed which services the shower faucet had a small surprise for me. The connections to the faucet were leaking ever so slightly. Fearing the worst, I got out a mirror and a flashlight and checked and checked as best I could down in that dark hole for damage. Did not see any. Checked under the bed storage, nothing. Checked everything I could think of, nothing. Months later now we seemed to have a loud squeak/creek in the area in front of the bath. I'm thinking that a creek is something associated with dryness. I hope. Now I need to find a way to get rid of the squeak/creek.   
Unclewillis View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 11:09pm

I posted a few months ago about a slight floor sag. It finally got bad enough and I called Forest River about it, especially since it was only year out of warranty. They directed me to make an appt with camping world, which took almost 6 weeks. So after bringing our camper (2015 176-T) to CW, they found some damage of unknown origin in the floor. After sending in pictures to FR, we endured quite a delay for the engineering dept at FR to come back with a fix. After some time FR decided to make a homemade piece, maybe like a bracket. And ship it to our CW to be installed to re-enforce the floor.
So The part finally arrived and the repairman at CW says the piece won't fit in the area and won't work. Now, CW is trying to get approval from FR to remove the entire bathroom, slide out, cut a hole in the floor and do some sort of repair. possibly due to a slow undetected leak forth bathroom. it is now nov 1st, we dropped off the camper sept 14th.

The only reason I'm posting this is to see if anyone has had to deal with this sort of thing with FR. (not the floor specifically) but getting FR to get things done.

On a side note: We bought from Couches in Ohio and they have been excellent and receptive in offering any (if needed) help dealing with FR.
Daddy, Mommy and Daughter.
BlackJack & Keno (boston Terriers)
Rpod 176T 2015
Nick:
ouR-pod
 Post Reply Post Reply