R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPahaque awning - Event Date: 06 Jan 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Denver poddie View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Pahaque awning
    Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 8:06pm
Ya thanks for reviews people, I think I am going with the Pahaque awning, will give a review after a couple of uses so hopefully by MayWink
Carl Render View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 4:16pm
Good points, but you wouldn't be comparing one to the other. Pahaque has an enclosed side tent as well. The Awning is just a completely different item. And pahaque's side tent is 100 times better than the Dometic dome.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 4:09pm
Yeah it goes up pretty quick. I can do it myself if 4 or 5 minutes and that's taking my time.
I'd say it weighs 10lbs, maybe 12.
Happy Tripping View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by Happy Tripping

Dang. I may have misspoke. 
The  'trailer awning' looks from the side to go down to a point at the front, leaving a lot of the sides open. 

Just to nail this down, I contacted PahaQue. The sides can be raised or lowered, in the pictures they are lowered.

Mea culpa

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 9:04pm
Dang. I may have misspoke. 

The 'awning accessories' in the catalog LOOK like they attach to a tubular form that extends back to the r-pod' wall at the bottom, while the 'trailer awning' looks from the side to go down to a point at the front, leaving a lot of the sides open. 

I am all confused, should have kept my typing fingers in my pants pockets. Can someone help me to understand why the accessories make the structure look different than the 'trailer awning'? The 'accessories' may make the 'trailer awning' a much more practical structure, altho still open to bugs in the back.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 4:10pm
Maybe we need some definitions -
 The 'trailer awning' is what is pictured. It looks awfully small but, if it's what you want ...

The 'r-pod awning' looks more practical but unlike the 'side tent' is not bug-proof. I like the side tent from one I saw on a TAB but haven't used it.

The r-dome, which we have and whose design I like, is made of flimsy material that won't last, compared to the heavier tent-like Pahaque material.

http://pahaquecustom.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&manufacturers_id=1&zenid=2245747aae1026ae0e8ed4cb0774ded7
MichelleC View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 4:02pm
We have both the Pahaque awning and the visor.  We use the awning when we are camping at the lake and set a table up under it for food prep and cooking.  Keeps the mess out of the pod Big smile  Still have enough room to set a couple of chairs under it as well if the weather isn't the best. 

We are NASCAR fans and decided the visor might be good when we go to a race and don't have as large of a campsite as the awning is pretty big.  Used it for the first time when we went to Kansas in Oct and it worked great.  Sure is cute!

Both are easy to put up and take down.  They each have a storage bag and we just keep them in the pass thru.
2016 RP-177HRE pulled by 2008 Chevy Tahoe
Happy Husband, Happy Wife, Happy Golden Retriever makes for a Happy Camper Life :)
Denver poddie View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 2:15pm
Hey Carl so sounds like you have the Pahque awning in the picture, sounds like you give it a thumbs up, what is the weight on that more or less and does it set up and pack up easy enough thanks

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 10:55am
No, but their side tent does seal up and it's far superior to the r-dome.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 10:54am
I have an awning and the side tent from them, plus a cover for me slide wall. I would never camp without them, now.
Lifesavers. Plus all their stuff is made in the US.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>