R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedR-Pod 179 Newbie questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
john in idaho View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: R-Pod 179 Newbie questions
    Posted: 28 Mar 2017 at 9:48am
I extended the slide with a roll of paper towels behind that panel.  That is when I discovered that at the factory, the installer had miss placed all of the staples except 3 in attaching it.  If it comes off again I will find a double hinge.
TheBum View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 1:08pm
If you think that panel is loose now, wait until you extend the slide with something trapped behind it.

I'm still planning to do a double hinge mod for that panel that would allow it to swing either way. So many mods, so little time.
Leo B View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 10:20am
Welcome to the group! Congrats on your 179! We really like our, a lot of room and storage.
Leo & Melissa Bachand
2017 Ford F150
2021 Vista Cruiser 19 csk
Previously owned
2015 Rpod 179
2010 Rpod 171
StephenH View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 10:16am
Hello Troy,

First, congratulations and welcome!

Second, the panel under the fridge is one of my pet peeves. Mine fell off as it was only held on by 3 screws into the aluminum. I finally got it to stay on by installing metal expansion anchors made for thin doors into the frame. The flap still flaps, but at least it stays on. Some people have put hinges on the flap. I would want to do a double hinge if I were to do this because if the flap hit something on the way in or out, I would want it to flex instead of break or tear something apart. I did go in and tie up some cables (making sure they had adequate slack for the slide's movement) which helped.

#2 is an answer I would like also. I would think some Old English Scratch Cover for dark woods would probably work well.

#3 I don't know. I am not sure what you mean by a push button. I purchased a replacement faucet that I am happy with. You can find some that will directly replace the faucet. Others, like the one I have will need adapters to adapt it to the fittings on the supply hoses. You can see what I did in my mods.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
tsherv View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 9:26am
Hi,

I'm the proud new owner of a 2014 R-Pod 179 that I just picked up yesterday. It's in great shape, but has a couple minor things that I want to take care of. I have a couple questions:

1) The fridge has a wood panel beneath it (the fridge is part of the slideout). The panel is loose. It seems to hinge out as you extend the slideout. It looks like there are a bunch of cords and wires behind it. When the slideout is extended, the panel is slightly at an angle. The seller told me it's supposed to be loose and it's been that way since it was new. Is that true?

2) There are a couple spots on the cabinets where the finish is wore off. Does anyone have any recommendations on what to use to touch up the cabinets?

3) The push button on the kitchen faucet is missing a rubber part. Is this something that is replaceable?

Thanks,

Troy
 Post Reply Post Reply