R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedLooking for new TV mount

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looking for new TV mount
    Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 8:54am
I have a 172 that originally had bunk beds in the front.  This put the TV mount on the rear of the cabinet that holds the refrigerator.  The current mount puts the TV right in your face when seated at the dinette.  I would like to move the TV mount up the same cabinet and be able to fold it against the street side wall to watch as well as swing it out to aim toward the front remaining lower bunk to watch as well.

So far I'm not having much luck in finding the right mount that will fold back against itself and also allow the screen to tilt.  Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks
Benny View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 9:58pm
Larry, I recently bought a Lumsing Tilt Swivel Full Motion TV Wall Mount Bracket from multi-function 1002 on ebay. The arm folds in half and the TV can be tilted 20 degrees.

Benny
Benny
RobnCari View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 12:11am
Amazon.com
We currently have one in our cart, waiting on our R-Pod to make some measurements and decide.
2006 Toyota Tacoma 4WD AC
2018 RP 179
Larry-D View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 7:20am
I made a mock up of one that would work however the minimal gains made me decide against it.  At this point I'm thinking of raising the mount about one foot at it same location with the same mount so that the corner of the TV just clears the sloping ceiling as it swivels around to face forward.
GlueGuy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 1:11pm
I just started looking for a full motion TV mount that will more-or-less fit in the same space as the non-tilting version that came with our RP179.

The stock one has a fixed arm that is ~~ 12" between pivots. Most of the full articulation mounts that I've found range from 14" to about 19 or 20 inches. So this means I will have to move the mount point.

The one I'm currently looking at is called a "Cheetah" (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0088RIV1W/ref=psdc_3230976011_t2_B00H7XUOZY), and it will handle up to a 24" TV (40 lbs). It's very inexpensive, but looks solidly built.

Before I pull the trigger on this, I thought I would survey the hive, to see what others have found that works without a lot of fiddling.
bp
2017 R-Pod 179 Hood River
2015 Ford F150 SuperCrew 4WD 3.5L Ecoboost
 Post Reply Post Reply