R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedholding tanks

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: holding tanks
    Posted: 06 Nov 2017 at 8:33am
When dumping I noticed that my holding tanks are not really flat, and it makes practically impossible to dump them dry. Especially black tank.

I got a reply from Forest River that this is due to overfilling. I never filled gray/black to maximum capacity. Fresh water... sure. It's hard not to. But not black/grey. 

Sounds like they just shifting blame on me... All I wanted to know if that is going to be a problem when winterizing. I dumped a gallon of antifreeze into the black tank, but there was water left there so it's deluded. Not sure what's going to happen when freezing temps roll in.

Danielle Beber <DBeber@forestriverinc.com>

If the holding tanks are filled and they are overfilled past the maximum gallons, then they will start to bow, and they will stay bowed.

2018 R-Pod 180
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2017 at 8:39am
you are fine. In order for any damage from freezing, they have to have enough liquid in them for it to freeze, expand, and have no where else to go. your tank is 99% empty. the anti freeze will help protect the valve.. a good thing.
MIK View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2017 at 9:12am
Originally posted by furpod

you are fine. In order for any damage from freezing, they have to have enough liquid in them for it to freeze, expand, and have no where else to go. your tank is 99% empty. the anti freeze will help protect the valve.. a good thing.

Thank you!
Subzilla View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2017 at 10:28am
My tanks look the exact same way and have from the time we purchased it 8 months ago.  Figured they were designed to concave out for flow purposes??
Mark
Concord, NC
2017 RP 179 "Podzilla"
2011 Silverado 1500 4X4
 Post Reply Post Reply