R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedRefrigerator Fix

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Refrigerator Fix
    Posted: 17 Jun 2018 at 10:29pm
I have a RP180 Rpod with a Dometic RM8501 model. I could never keep the fridge under 45-50 degrees. Been trying many things.When it's cooler outside, that's was the temp in the fridge, and being in Arizona in the summer,it's never cold.Here is what I did. Turn off the unit, and let it dry. On the left side inside there is a small white square that holds the T-stat. Take out the screw, and move that white box nearer to the top the top,under the freezer, slide it up the fin that hold it. Take a small piece of double sided tape, and fasten it to the back to hold it in place. The higher up it is, the colder it gets. Don't forget to put the screw back in the hole you took it from. The tape sticks on a dry fridge. My unit came with a fan blowing air up over the coils, so I added a fan on the top of the unit, blowing air out at the opening               Today is the 3rd day I did the project. The temp inside the fridge is holding between 36 and 40 degrees, and the temp outside today was 110 degrees. So I thought I would post this info, maybe it will work for you. I don't think I seen this info on the Forum. Good Luck.
voisj View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 10:27am
Crazycoyote,
I must be the only one who has never had an issue with the fridge, even at 105 degrees it stays at 37/38.

Really just came to say It was great running into you at Kaibab lake, going over your mod list, and checking out your set up. What fun!.
Rgds John

SLOPODMODS
John&Sue,SLO,CA
2016 180 HRE, 2013 F150 Eco Boost

Post Reply Post Reply