R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedBack flushing water lines?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Back flushing water lines?
    Posted: 08 Jul 2018 at 5:57am
Is it possible to back flush the cold water lines in the bathroom?  The toilet and cold water faucets in there are barely dribbling and it looks like we would have to totally take things apart, risking tearing the walls taking out the caulking around the faucet panel. I am thinking of making sure the water pump is turned off and using the garden hose to try to shoot water backwards through the toilet and the cold water faucet.  I am assuming the water tank would have to be drained and left open to clear out the grit that the pump must be picking up. When I first turned on the pump and water faucet it shot out air and water for just a moment.  We dry camp and don't usually even carry water in the tank, but are getting it ready to sell now. I already cleaned grit out of the kitchen faucet and the hot water is running fine both places. Is there any downside to trying to back flush the cold water lines? Thanks for any advice!!!!
Carol
177 HRE rpod
2014 Honda Pilot
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2018 at 8:48am
Can you just remove the lines from the faucet and toilet connections and see if you can then let the pump (or city water) push the obstructions out? You may still need to backflush the faucet and valve, but you would not need to then worry about the tank and pump ends.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
cgarb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2018 at 9:48am
There is no way to get to the faucet lines without taking off the whole panel that is screwed and caulked to the wall.  That is where I am afraid we might tear the wall paper.  We unscrewed the back of the toilet, and ran the pump, but only a dribble of water came out.
Carol
177 HRE rpod
2014 Honda Pilot
Tars Tarkas View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2018 at 10:00am
Are you getting a good stream of water anywhere?  There is a screen in front of the water pump.  Check it before you do anything else?

TT
2010 176
FJ Cruiser
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2018 at 10:31am
You have a 177.. there should be an access panel in the "bedroom" wall.
jato View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2018 at 5:50pm
As TT mentioned above, check out the water screen by your water pump.  Ours looks like a small plastic bowl that you can see through with a screen just above it, pretty easy to access under the sink and should not be too difficult to unscrew by hand.  You will need a flashlight or use the light on your smartphone to see its location.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
cgarb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2018 at 6:02pm
Thanks for the suggestions!  I will have to see if I can find the water pump. I looked under the sink a few days ago, but had no idea what I was looking at.  I just found the panel on the wall behind the fabric pockets. No idea it was there! I"ll try all these suggestions tomorrow when it is cooler. The toilet water flow seems like a harder one to fix.  Again, I really appreciate all the expertise and help all you r-podders are so willing to share!
Carol
177 HRE rpod
2014 Honda Pilot
jato View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2018 at 6:18pm
Ok, on our 177 the water pump is located on the floor, to access it you have to take out 4 tiny screws (we have since replaced them with 2 plastic fingers for quick access) on the panel below the sink, the panel is about 18.5" x  8.5".  Anyway there is enough room to see the pump to your left and find the little plastic bowl.  Also, make sure your slide is out, that way you only have to reach less than a foot to get to the water pump.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
cgarb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2018 at 6:38pm
Thanks! That will be my project for tomorrow!
Carol
177 HRE rpod
2014 Honda Pilot
cgarb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 10:21am
I got the bathroom faucet cleared of grit so that works now. The toilet still has only a dribble of water coming in. i wonder if the Hood River edition 177 has different placement for the water pump. There are only lines disappearing through the floor when I looked behind the panels under the sink.  No pump or bowl. I am surprised that none of the info that came with the trailer shows placement of the water pump. there has got to be a way  to clear the toilet line! Embarrassed
Carol
177 HRE rpod
2014 Honda Pilot
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>