R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWhile 'winterizing'...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: While 'winterizing'...
    Posted: 13 Oct 2010 at 11:30am
While 'winterizing' my 2010 Pod I noticed RV antifreeze dribbling on the floor adjacent to the water heater. At first, I thought that the diversion valve was leaking...but after closer observation I found that one of the threaded pipe connectors had only been lightly tightened.  It was so loose that there
was no possibility that it 'had worked loose during the summer'.  It was installed in such close quarters that when I went to tighten it, I could only tighten the connector by a slight amount with a wrench with each twist. It appears that it was only spun on by hand enough to bring the two pipes together.  It was never tightened enough to make a good seal.  I then inspected all of the accessible fittings and found two more than had only been connected and not really tightened.
If any of the connections had come completely apart I would have had a flooded mess!
I recommend that while you have your heater-pump assembly open, that you check the tightness
of all of the threaded fittings!
TIDALWAVE
this_is_nascar View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2010 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by TIDALWAVE

While 'winterizing' my 2010 Pod I noticed RV antifreeze dribbling on the floor adjacent to the water heater. At first, I thought that the diversion valve was leaking...but after closer observation I found that one of the threaded pipe connectors had only been lightly tightened.  It was so loose that there
was no possibility that it 'had worked loose during the summer'.  It was installed in such close quarters that when I went to tighten it, I could only tighten the connector by a slight amount with a wrench with each twist. It appears that it was only spun on by hand enough to bring the two pipes together.  It was never tightened enough to make a good seal.  I then inspected all of the accessible fittings and found two more than had only been connected and not really tightened.
If any of the connections had come completely apart I would have had a flooded mess!
I recommend that while you have your heater-pump assembly open, that you check the tightness
of all of the threaded fittings!

This sucks, but it goes hand-in-hand with the post I just submitted concerning the build quality of these R-Pods.

"Ray & Connie"

- 2017 R-Pod RP-180
- 2007 Toyota Tacoma TRD-Off Road
 Post Reply Post Reply