R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWhite hose storage ideas?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: White hose storage ideas?
    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 at 9:02pm
Hello!

We’re new to RVing and have a 2014 rpod 171 and just finished our second camping trip. One of the things we can’t figure out is a tidy way to store our white fresh water hose and the hose we use for flushing out the sewage hose. Currently we’re keeping them in bags, which is less than ideal. We haven’t found a plastic container that is large enough to fit the hoses (separately, of course) but still small enough to fit through the jockey box opening. I’d prefer not to store them inside the camper or have to access them from inside the camper.

How does everyone else store their non-sewage hoses? (ie. I’m not asking about the gray/black water hose(s)—that’s the information I keep getting when I try to Google this! 🤦🏻‍♀️). Extra gold stars if you can provide links! 😁

Thank you in advance!
jato View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2020 at 9:38pm
I screw the ends together so it remains in a 16" circular shape and toss it by the exterior wheel housing in the  thru storage area.  I also keep the following items there as well: r-dome and hardware, 2 ton floor jack, 30 amp surge protector, outdoor carpet folded up, hand tool for raising/lowering corner jacks, 90 degree elbow for draining black/gray water (bagged), firewood/kindling, charcoal, mini charcoal grill, U.S.A. flag and post for mounting, hatchet.  This is on a 177.

God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
Jpodder171 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2020 at 1:00am
That sounds similar to what we’re currently doing - except we’re also throwing them in bags before we chuck them in the storage area/jockey boxes. I just find we sometimes get a little water in the area and living on the west coast I’d prefer to keep things as dry as possible.

Thank you for responding!

Originally posted by jato

I screw the ends together so it remains in a 16" circular shape and toss it by the exterior wheel housing in the  thru storage area.  I also keep the following items there as well: r-dome and hardware, 2 ton floor jack, 30 amp surge protector, outdoor carpet folded up, hand tool for raising/lowering corner jacks, 90 degree elbow for draining black/gray water (bagged), firewood/kindling, charcoal, mini charcoal grill, U.S.A. flag and post for mounting, hatchet.  This is on a 177.

2014 R-Pod 171
2019 Ford Ranger / 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe
Van Isle, Canada 🇨🇦
ron_whitt View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2020 at 7:11am
What Jato and Jpodder said. But we roll our outdoor rug (6X9) up, bungee cord it, then slide it in behind the battery box, then bungee cord it to the frame.  Have done this for 9 years.  Travels great.  We put the hose and electrical cord in a plastic container. The extra hose and cords we put into a bag and get them out when more is needed.
Ron & Shirley
2020 Tacoma
2012 177 rpod
Badweissenbier View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2020 at 7:14am
Bought a small white outdoor wash tub from Wally World.
Probably 12 x 16 or 20 about 8-10 inches tall. I keep all my freshwater stuff in it in the outside storage.
My flush hose is kept completely separate and away from the clean stuff even though it never touches funky stuff.
ron_whitt View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2020 at 7:34am
All places we have been to have a hose that is at the dump station that you can use to rinse out your sewage hose.  
Ron & Shirley
2020 Tacoma
2012 177 rpod
mjlrpod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2020 at 8:43am
I roll up my hoses, and tie it up with some velcro straps I bought at walmart called " wrap-it ". I use the straps on my hoses, and powers cords to help keep them somewhat neat. I store everything in the pass thru storage.
2017.5 Rp-172
2020 R-pod 195
2015 Frontier sv 4.0L 6cyl
I'll be rpodding
1nana2many View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2020 at 9:09am
We use a restaurant bus tub to hold our hoses. We also connect the two ends together(prevents water leaks and contamination) and use 12” gear ties (from Home Depot, etc.) to wrap around hoses. A heavy duty plastic slip sheet between black/fresh hoses and electric cord. Bleach wipes are a part of our dump station process...
The mountains are calling and we must go...O.D., Keith & Jody
2016 RP179= O.D. (Olive Drab)
2008 Coachman Captiva
1993 Jayco 1206 popup
2016 F150 Supercrew
Pod People View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2020 at 10:05am
We use a standard sheetrock bucket with an aftermarket screw on lid.  We have one bucket for all water items-hose, filter, pressure reduction valve, extra short clean hose and spray nozzle.  We have a second bucket for all electrical items-power cord, surge protector etc.  We carry the buckets in the pod while traveling and keep them under the pod while camping.  We can also use them for small tables while sitting around the fire or short stools to help in putting on the rdome.
Vann

Vann & Laura 2015 RPod 179
Woodmiester View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2020 at 10:57am
i purchased two 14x14x3 plastic Containers.  Very nice fit in the storage area.
Swampfox
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>