R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedsink water pressure

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: sink water pressure
    Posted: 29 Oct 2020 at 3:16pm
The water pressure at the sink on my 2014 179 is a trickle. I, of course, removed and cleaned the aerator...still a trickle. I removed the faucet head and the pressure was the same coming out of the hose. I found the water pump under the bed and checked the screw on filter...it was clear. The red and blue water lines are crimped at the fittings so I can't remove them to flush them out.
This has me totally perplexed since the pressure at the wash basin in the bathroom is plentiful.
Am I missing something??
  RonnieB
offgrid View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2020 at 3:52pm
Humm. If you've eliminated the faucet itself and all the other lines flow properly then I guess it must be something blocking that particular water line, although you'd think that would be highly unlikely. Maybe try city water pressure on that line and see if that clears any obstructions out. Or use air pressure (not too high, maybe 40-50 psi) and see if you can blow it out. You could try blowing it out backwards from the faucet end as well. 
1994 Chinook Concourse
1995 RV6A Experimental Aircraft
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
ronnieb View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2020 at 4:49pm
Yep, I tried city water pressure to no avail. Regarding trying to blow out any obstruction with air pressure, the only place to apply air pressure is the sink hose, but it would then force air back into the water pump and that make me nervous. There's no where to disconnect the water line because it's crimped at the fittings.
What ever happened to hose clamps??
offgrid View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2020 at 5:12pm
Those are Pex water lines, you can't use hose clamps on them, any more than you can on copper pipe. Pex is the future of plumbing, soon everything else will be history.. OTOH, you can just cut one line and then spice it with a push on or crimp pex fitting. Very easy, takes only seconds to do. parts readily available at you local big box. 
1994 Chinook Concourse
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
Kup-Pod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2020 at 7:53am
So I had the same problem with my hot water line on the kitchen tab... turns out there was some plastic wrapper garbage in the tank from original build that got into the line and The plastic got into the tap. Remove your valves and make sure they’re not plugged
2017 RP-178
2021 F150 5.0l
"Lead me on a level path"
Badweissenbier View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2020 at 12:27pm
is it both hot and cold or just one or the other. if it's both then the problem is more than likely in the faucet itself
ronnieb View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2020 at 4:41pm
Thank you all for replying.
Yes it is both the hot and cold with poor water pressure. Today I used my air compressor up into the cut pex on the cold side and into the faucet hose with the faucet head off. Air came out both ways. I reassembled the faucet head and tried again. The pressure was a bit better but not much. My hunch is that the aerator and the white plastic gizmo inside the faucet head is what's restricting the pressure.
I guess it is what it is.
SC for Huskers View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2020 at 5:34pm
Ronnieb,  On my Pod, when on city water connection or the pump, the pressure at the kitchen sink, shower, toilet,  is about 1/2 of what is in the house .  I'm a bit confused when you say "trickle". Would that be a Dentist drool dribble, 1/16, 1/8, 1/4/ stream?  You may have what may be standard low pressure.  
Happy Traveling,
Tom
2017 172pod
2011 F150 STX
ronnieb View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2020 at 6:03pm
The pressure at the kitchen sink is about 1/8 of what it is in the bathroom wash basin.
offgrid View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2020 at 6:24pm
A plugged aerator is a very common problem. Crud from the tank and lines can easily clog it. Definitely try that as your next step.
1994 Chinook Concourse
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>