R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedDometic Thermostat - No Display / Power?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
bbrett03 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dometic Thermostat - No Display / Power?
    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 3:48pm
Yes, it does help. I noticed online the relay box and it seemed quite big. I wondered if it was in the top of the AC unit. I will start there. Thanks 
Aboopoo View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 10:31pm
Also forgot to mention some circuit boards have a small fuse that can be checked for and also check the terminals on the thermostat and make sure they are tightened down on the wires.
Aboopoo View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 10:27pm
Hi there, I just had an Issue with my heater not working.Replacing electronics on the furnace, sales pitch, high temperature cut off switch and still had an issue and ended up finding out it was my thermostat control board had a bad relay on it. Basically is a dry contact for two wires that go to the furnace and enabled it to work. I purchased the new digital light touch thermostat and changed out the thermostat board and it all works great. So here’s what I found.
If you’re looking for the power that comes from the electronica board located on the top of the air conditioning unit outside the trailer. I have a 170 to our pod and the air conditioning is on the roof. Four screws to take the top off the air conditioner cover and I found the board. Some control boards are located on some Pods ac units are accessed from inside the air conditioner on you ceiling. The Small air conditioner on the pod 172 is a penguin two unit.
I found thermostat wires are fed up the wall and the ceiling space and into the base of the air conditioner. You can take the bottom cover off where the air comes out and you’ll probably find some spliced wires in there that head up through the roof into the air conditioning unit. Checked for bad connections. From what I remember only six screws hold the plastic air conditioning cover on inside the pod.
If those connections look good and solid go to the top side of your iPod and take the lid off the air conditioner. Make sure your batteries disconnected and you’re not plugged in to 120 V that will ensure there is no power for when you dive into the control board to check the terminals on the board.
A new board and thermostat only cost about $140 Canadian and if you call Dometic they can assist you with giving you the part numbers which you can order cheaper from other companies.
I think the whole amount of time it cost me was about two hours to do all the checking and the installation and it’s really quite simple to do. I think anyone that knows how to use a screwdriver could do it. Hope this helps?
bbrett03 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 6:27pm
Hi. 2014 R Pod 178 Owner 

My Dometic digital Thermostat does not have any power to it. No display. I have tried to reset but that does not seem to work. Maybe because there is no power. I have tried checking the voltage but that is not reading anything, when i put the contactors on the wires. I have looked to replace but it seems they don't make this T Stat anymore. Can anyone help with what new dometic thermostat I need or maybe how to check. 
I have also looked at all the fuses. All check out good. 

Thanks! If I can provide more information, please let me know. 
Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply