This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNew r-podders here.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: New r-podders here.
    Posted: 05 May 2021 at 11:29am
Hi everyone!
We just bought a 2019 r-pod 190 about 2 weeks ago.  We are finally getting ready to use it for the first time. I figured I would join the group in case there are any issues that we should keep a lookout for.  Thanks in advance to all of you. Wink
We already did run into 1 small issue.  Seems that the previous owners didn't quite winterize correctly last winter and the hose connection for the outdoor kitchen froze and cracked the PVC connection.
Just wondered if anyone else had this issue?  It was a fairly quick fix once I found the source (and a lot of water clean up).  I found it while flushing the fresh water tank in preparation for our first outing.  As soon as I turned on the water pump, i started seeing water flowing from under the bed behind the bathroom.  Made my heart sink at first as I or coarse feared the worst.  Luckily it was a simple $5 PVC replacement and a couple very wet towels and a wet/dry vac session Ouch.
Looks like there was a bit of water left in the connection last winter. Completely split that old PVC and then the pump blew it off where the crack was.
Anyway, really looking forward to my wife and I getting a lot use out of this trailer.  It's small, but perfect for us Big smile
Jason & Shannon
jato View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2021 at 4:46pm
Probably would be a good idea to run a dehumidifier for a day inside your 190 for a day.  Open up the areas by the pump and where the water was on the floor.

If you are handy and have access to a decent air compressor you may want to think about blowing the water lines out next fall (but lets enjoy the camping season nowBig smile).  Welcome to your 24/7 live owners manual.  Hope you make some great memories with your 190 this year as you travel across this blessed country.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
Dirt Sifter View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2021 at 12:28pm
Welcome, and glad you're not put off by the first bad experience but took the bull by the horns, located the problem, and fixed it yourself. You're off to a great start. Be safe, have fun!
Greg n Deb 2020 195 HRE
'07 Tundra 5.7L., '17 Tacoma 3.5L. Both with tow packages
1 Puggle, 1 Chihuahua support staff
offgrid View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2021 at 7:03am
Welcome.

Definitely dry the floor out, water damage to the floor of an rpod can be fatal. Get a wood moisture meter, about $30 on Amazon, and probe any suspect areas. Very handy tool to have around.
1994 Chinook Concourse
1995 RV6A Experimental Aircraft
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
 Post Reply Post Reply