R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedReplacing kitchen faucet with pulldown

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Replacing kitchen faucet with pulldown
    Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 4:19pm
Hi all - looking to replace the stock kitchen faucet in our 179 with a faucet that has a pull-down sprayer. Tried a search and couldn't come up with anything - anyone done this mod and have any recommendations about which replacement faucet to go with?
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 6:59pm
You could look in my mods (see link in signature) to see what I chose. I got the one that has all the works above the sink. The hose is run through a large spring and the faucet hooks into a support arm. It makes a big loop up and over. It avoids having a big weight swinging around under the sink while we are traveling down the road. Plus, I thought it looked nicer.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
Ben Herman View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 8:14pm
Originally posted by StephenH

You could look in my mods (see link in signature) to see what I chose. I got the one that has all the works above the sink. The hose is run through a large spring and the faucet hooks into a support arm. It makes a big loop up and over. It avoids having a big weight swinging around under the sink while we are traveling down the road. Plus, I thought it looked nicer.

Thx, I'll check that one out. Looks like its a std faucet rather than rv-model, but I assume that the adapters are a simple fix. 
StephenH View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 8:55pm
Yes, I used a couple of adapters from the local store (I don't remember if I got them at Lowe's or Home Depot).
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
Pod People View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 10:23pm
Hey Ben,we used a nice Moen unit from Home Depot.  It is the Bricklyn and you can see a picture in the post I made about our 179 mods. we both like this faucet and it was easy to install and reasonably priced.
when we changed ours, we had to cut the original supply lines  much shorter to match the supply lines that come installed on the faucet.  I added stop valves on both supply lines so I can control them individually.
It is a tight fit between the edge of the existing sink and the ledger supporting the counter top.  check the width of the base plate. We replaced the sink at the same time. It was a tight fit, but careful measuring and sawing with a jig saw made it work.
good luck
Vann

Vann & Laura 2015 RPod 179
GlueGuy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2021 at 10:15am
Originally posted by Dalton07

Knowing the differences between RV faucets vs home faucets should make it easier for you to decide whether replacing your RV water fixture with a household model is worth it:  the water in our homes passes through rigid metal or PVC pipes. Their connections feature threads or grooves that form a tight seal with your faucet’s inlet ports. Motorhomes feature flexible cross-linked polyethylene (PEX) tubes that run behind the RV’s wall panels and other spaces. Hence, the main difference between a residential faucet and an RV tap is their connection to the plumbing system.
Many new homes are now plumbed with PEX. There are some advantages to it.
bp
2017 R-Pod 179 Hood River
2015 Ford F150 SuperCrew 4WD 3.5L Ecoboost
offgrid View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2021 at 2:40pm
PEX is the most used plumbing material in residential construction now so there is no problem getting household fixtures that connect to it. Best plumbing ever, inexpensive, long lasting, easy to work with, fittings don't leak, and (relatively) freeze tolerant.
1994 Chinook Concourse
1995 RV6A Experimental Aircraft
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
jato View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2021 at 3:58pm
We also got a nice bathroom faucet at Home Depot with a pull down sprayer.  The one thing I didn't count on (hence a trip to the hardware store) was that I needed two sharkbite adapters to go from the bathroom fitting to the 177's pex line.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
 Post Reply Post Reply