R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Solid Step Install

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote RFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Solid Step Install
    Posted: 08 Oct 2021 at 8:17pm
Does anyone have any recent  experience with a Lippert Solid Step install?  I have a 2019 180 Hood River Edition. I was SUPPOSED to have it installed while it was stuck in Southern AZ for ELEVEN WEEKS but the place didn’t do it (long, sad story).  They quoted “about $500” - which to me seems worth it if the steps are about $400 on Amazon - I’m willing to pay for install. Alas, this did not happen. I watched a video of a guy installing these things and he had to do all sorts of crazy stuff like take 1/2” off the bottom of the screen door, and a bunch I am not comfortable doing. The things look like they should basically be plug & play but now I’m not so sure. Thanks for any advice for an old fat broad with no upper body strength, and not a lot of “handy” built into her. Smile
~dani~ 2019 RP180 purchased 5/15/21; towed by 2014 Willys Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Themmorris View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Themmorris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 7:29pm
I have a 2016 178. I installed a three step set a couple of months ago, I can’t recall the name of the steps, they are a three step set. It really made it easier to enter and exit. They were tight but they just bolted to the existing frame. 
If it will help I can send a picture. My brother assisted me and it took less than an hour.
I think we had to drill one hole on each side. 
I hope this helps.

Mike Morris 
MS Gulf Coast
RP 178. TV Toyota SR5 6 cyl
 Post Reply Post Reply