Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Miscellaneous / Off-topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedCrossroads Z1 (ZT211RD)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Crossroads Z1 (ZT211RD)
    Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 2:40pm
I'm pretty sure someone recently mentioned the Z1 around here.  I stumbled on a link to one a few days ago while surfing the net.  Link to the manufacturer's site here,  note the pic at the top is NOT the 21 foot model!  http://www.crossroadsrv.com/z-1/floorplan_detail.asp?fp=ZT211RD&type=tt

Has anyone seen one of these in person?  One downside is they are much heavier, dry weight is a little over 4000, but they are also several feet longer.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2012 at 10:42am
After having the slide in the 177, we are sure we would never want to have a TT without one..

Vantage has a 19 footer coming out we like, but no slide. We looked at the 29 footer (29RLS) yesterday. Really liked it, but it is bigger than what we want.. nearly as big as the stream...
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2012 at 12:03pm
The Vantage looks interesting, sort of a modern Airstream without the aluminum look.  Looks like they are made by Keystone, I'll check out their line.

The 177 solves the problem of negotiating multiple people around the tight space, and makes it easier for the person at the back of the bed to get in and out in the middle of the night.  I've wanted one since they were announced (the week we picked up our 171)!  However, getting a slightly longer trailer and a walk-around queen solves those two problems.  With the potential for a slide to malfunction or leak and the extra 300-400 pounds it adds, I don't think I want one.  A very "nice-to-have" on the Pods, though.
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2012 at 10:44am
In case anyone missed my post in the for-sale forum, I'm taking offers on my pod.  Cry  Very hard to believe, I thought I would have it for a very long time.

I considered the Visa 19ERD.  I like the look of the Visa, it is similar to the pod with the fiberglass and curved front.  Its layout solves my biggest complaints that I've had with our pod - it has a dry bath and a walk-around queen even though it is only 19 feet long.  The bath is interesting because the shower isn't walled off along with the toilet and sink like most campers - shower and toilet can be used separately which is a bonus in the chaos of getting ready in the morning.  But it isn't cheap and for two more feet I can get a lot more elbow room and better sleeping arrangements for my kids.

Which brings me to this Crossroads model.  It isn't pretty, but it is functional - and even new it is cheap.  No bunks, no slides, no wet bath, just enough extra room, and I can get out of bed normally.  I weighed the benefits of various floorplans and I like this one partially because it puts the bathroom near the door.  You can get right in and out without travelling the length of the camper or squeezing past anyone sitting at the couch or dinette.  Most bathrooms are stuck on the rear wall and put the couch and dinette in the way, and right where they'll get blasted with warm or cold air every time the door is opened.  Oh, and it has a self-supporting awning.

Ok, blast me for deserting the ranks of the pod-faithful.  Be gentle.

And in case you are wondering, I'm not planning on going anywhere.
rpodcamper.com View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2012 at 11:34am
 Big smile I kind of saw this coming.  Your girls are getting older and will be looking for more space soon.  They do have some nice models. 

Me - I keep looking on the other end and looking smaller than the r-pod.  It's just My Wife and I that normally go so we do not need a lot of space. 
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2012 at 11:44am
Originally posted by techntrek

Very hard to believe, I thought I would have it for a very long time.

Ok, blast me for deserting the ranks of the pod-faithful.  Be gentle.

And in case you are wondering, I'm not planning on going anywhere.

Some people own more than one car... or camper... or truck.. or, did I mention camper...? You know.. kind of "niche" uses.
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2012 at 12:25pm

rpodcamper - yes, more space for the girls now that they are getting bigger is part of the equation.  I want to keep camping as attractive as possible and I'm already hearing grumbles about X being on Y's side of the bed!  But I didn't want a bunk house model.

furpod - lol, yeah I thought about that for a few minutes.  Maybe keep the pod so I can sell the new camper once the kids are gone.  But the pod is paid-for and still has decent value.  Fiscally it would make more sense to roll the equity forward instead of keeping it tied up for the next 8 years.  I'm glad you can be a two-camper family, my wife would envy your situation.  She's wanted a shiny Airstream in the driveway for years. 
rpodcamper.com View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2012 at 12:39pm
Thats correct!  I have the R-pod I use when I'm camping with my wife and also have an older truck camper I use when only I will be sleeping in it.  Insurance cost on both of them are cheap.
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2012 at 10:26am
I found a dealer a little over an hour away that has this model so we will probably go up there this weekend to see it in person before making a final decision.  Their price is $2000 higher than the lowest I've found and they won't budge so I'm not planning on buying, just looking.  Unfortunately the lowest price is 10 hours away and has a 6-week order lead time, but I don't mind the trip.  If there are any delays it would mean I don't get to use it this season...
Camper Bob View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2012 at 11:27am
Copula' items to be aware of.  Looks like the construction is stick and glue.  Additionally, want to be aware of the roof material and if it has seams.  Keystone is not considered in my opinion to be a high quality builder.  Not sure if Alumalite has a small trailer, but very well built.  Safe Travels.
Camper Bob and Camper Sue
Gracie the Wonder Dog (12 LB. Mini Dachshund)
2013 Rpod 171HRE(ORPod)
2016 Lance 1685
2015 Nissan Pathfinder
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>