Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Miscellaneous / Off-topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSoundcast Outcast Jr.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Soundcast Outcast Jr.
    Posted: 20 Feb 2013 at 6:05pm
We found this little jewel a couple of years ago and fell in love with it. It can be found at soundcastsystems.com.

It is designed to be used outdoors and has a couple of options as far as a source goes. We use the UAT (Universal audio transmitter) and plug it into an ipod. Then the music is sent to the speaker wirelessly. The battery pack must be removed to be charged (comes with a 110v charger) and lasts for 6-10 hours depending on how loud you play the music.

It is FANTASTIC for using for tunes outside and can play quite loud if that is your thing, but at low to moderate levels it is not too loud when you get more than 30-40 feet from it. At one campsite, we had it at our friend's site next door and at a volume that allowed for fun tunes, we couldn't hear it at all at our site.

It's not cheap at $599 plus $199 for the transmitter, but it is a great sounding option for those who  love their tunes!
2010 R-Pod 152
coopercdrkey View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2013 at 6:31am
You had my rapt attention until I got to the price-  Yow!!  That's true audiophile level.

Still, it obviously does the job for you, and I fully get the need for quality audio in camp.  I have decided to
"re-allocate" one of my audio items to the R-Pod.  I got a Bose Sound Dock for Christmas a few years ago.
It will sit on a small camp table in the R-Dome right by the outside AC outlet. One of several iPods will get
loaded up with various play lists-  Blues, Jazz, Classical and Folk.  The Rock playlist has to be played much
too loud for considerate camping, so I'll leave it off!
Bob and Joyce
Jennifer and Baxter, the Campin' Cocker Spaniels
RP 177 "Key Pod"
Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT / Z71
GlennZippy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2013 at 6:51am
Yeah... It's pricey. At home I used to hook it to my computer and then I could control the playlist from my iPhone. That was nice but we eventually did something nicer for outside.

It helps alot that I'm in the industry, so I can get it at a wholesale rate. But it's still a pricy piece at that point!
2010 R-Pod 152
 Post Reply Post Reply