R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedExpedition worthy R-Pod?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Expedition worthy R-Pod?
    Posted: 06 Mar 2014 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by codycountry

Gonna be kinda difficult to turn a torsion axle into a leaf spring outfit, but good luck.  Cool post and photos btw.

The more I dig, the more that seems to be the case.
codycountry View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2014 at 5:54pm
Greetings pard,
Having given your topic more thought, I think you ought to just do like I do and have more options.  Of course that will mean you will have to purchase a sturdy pickup, and a pop up camper, like a used Hallmark or one of the others if common ilk.  Then you can drive anywhere you can drive a pickup and not tear up your rpod on a rock just because you don't have the pickup and pop up camper. 
I have many tents, a gooseneck horse trailer with sleeper in the front, a popup pickup camper, and now my wonderful new Rpod.  That ought to about cover most outdoor endeavors with appropriate shelter, maybe even inappropriate shelter.  Probably I will combine a tent of some sort with all the above campers to have interesting camps once in a while or for overflow sleeping.  Nothing beats sleeping directly on mother earth on a good sleeping pad.  Grizzly bears not included in that comment.  Hard sides are a good thing these days in certain parts of the Rocky mountains.
I never knew that region of the canyon existed that you linked.  I will be going there with my gal once I retire.  With the Hallmark on the pickup.  
Happy trails. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123