FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNew 2015 r-pod 179

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: New 2015 r-pod 179
    Posted: 24 Sep 2014 at 3:09pm
Hi Gar,
Thanks for the advice.  Since I have a large truck (3/4 ton) I don't seem to need to twist the tow chains, but it's good to keep that in mind.  I use a locking plastic tie for the tow wire; less messy than electrical tape.  And I did put the weather strip on the door as I've seen that mentioned elsewhere.  We go to Anza Borrego often so I'm trying to be prepared! 
jbr549 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2014 at 3:53pm
Nice picture and glad you had a good trip, I will keep the 179 in mind when I get mine.
kylekai View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2014 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by jbr549

Nice picture and glad you had a good trip, I will keep the 179 in mind when I get mine.
I originally wanted the 177, but after my wife saw all the extra storage space in the 179, we got the 179. Glad we did.
Tbslants View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2014 at 1:00pm
Got our 179 in June and love it...Enjoy
Lindie View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2014 at 6:43pm
Congratulations on your r pod 179.  We currently have a tent trailer and are looking to upgrade to a hard sided trailer.  We did see the 179 and also found it having alot of storage inside.  We really like the shape and floor plan and recently found out the later 2015's of the 179's now offer the outside shower box.Smile   Since you have had it a while, I'm hoping you can help answer a few questions.

1.  Normally you see the grey and black water lines connected together, which is easier to dump waste water.  The 179 has 2 separate hook up points, so how easy/difficult is it to dump waste water. 

2.  Do you and your wife feel you have enough room/space to get in and out of the bed?

3.  Is your wife happy with the size of the refrigerator?

4.  Do you have any problems/issues with the toilet shower room? 

Thank you in helping us decide if this is the trailer for us.   
Lindie
kylekai View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2014 at 8:01pm

Hi Lindie,

We too had a tent trailer in the past.  It worked well until one day it snowed while we were camping at Sequoia National Park, and the snow collected on top of the tent material.  The resulting condensation almost made it feel like it was raining in the camper.  So we switched to a truck camper for the next 6 years, and have now switched to the pod.  

I have a 2015 179 and it does not have an outside shower.  I looked at a lot of them, and never saw any with an outside shower.

Replies to your questions below.

1. You might be asking the wrong person about this, as we tend to use the campground restrooms, thus only filling the gray water tank.  So far that's all we've had to empty, but it seems as if it wouldn't be a problem.  Empty the black, pull forward a bit, empty the gray.

2. Yes, even tho I'm in my early 60s and 6' 2", no problem whatsoever room-wise or getting in or out of the bed.

3. Mostly happy.  It seemed big when we first looked at it, but it's mostly tall and not very deep.  We could use a bigger refrigerator, but we'll do fine with what there is.  Not a deal-breaker.

4. When in the shower my head touches the fan screen, but I just lower my head a bit and it's fine.  I don't think there's ever going to be a perfect RV, but this one seems to mostly have what we want and need, so we're quite happy with it so far.

Hope that helps!

-Bill

kylekai View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2014 at 8:10pm
Lindie,
I did a Google search for 2015 r-pod and outside shower, and I did find some had them.  It seems as if the 179 models with the newer graphics have them.  I had one on my truck camper, and probably used it once or twice each year, so it wasn't a big issue for us.
-Bill
Lindie View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2014 at 8:57pm
Hi Bill,

Thank you for answering our questions on the rpod 179.  You are correct regarding no external shower boxes on the earlier 2015 rpods.  This past September we went to an rv show in Sacramento and were told by an rpod dealer the outside color of the trailer has changed and they have installed the external outdoor shower box.  Since we are not yet ready to buy, we will keep an eye out for this so called newer model.  Must say once we looked at the 179, we really liked it.

We wish you the best in your rpod and thanks again for your information.

Linda         
Lindie
lucky2 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2014 at 9:16pm
We have had several campers since the late 70's all but the first one we had have had an outside shower.They are nice to have when you need them,the problem in todays campgrounds is that you can NOT dump gray water on the ground.Therefore it can be hard to use one very much. I think we use ours maybe once a year.I still like the idea of having one and am glad they put it on the 179 now
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2014 at 9:47pm
In most jurisdictions the water from an outdoor shower isn't considered gray water since it didn't run through a pipe.  In some it is gray if you use soap (so theoretically washing your car in your driveway is illegal), it isn't if you are just rinsing off sand and mud with plain water.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12