This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Miscellaneous / Off-topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedChevy traverse TV?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chevy traverse TV?
    Posted: 13 Feb 2016 at 2:38pm
Don't know about using a Traverse for towing but know about what they look like after getting hit.  Involved in a 3 vehicle accident last night, white out conditions.  Traverse was stopped on the road because they couldn't see.  Apparently the driver of a Dodge 3/4 ton pu could but rear ended the Traverse pushing it nearly sideways in the road.  Then we came with our neighbor (he was driving) driving a 99 Cadillac, sideswiped the Traverse by driver door and front left quarter panel, bounced off that and then rear ended or shall I say, nearly went under the Dodge Ram pu.  What a mess!  Traverse (2015) barely good enough to go to the boneyard, hardly tell what kind of car it was, back window, driver side windows blown out, windshield cracked.  No back end left as tail -lights and rear hatch door/pulverized.   Dodge ram will need front grill and headlights, rear bumper has a small ding in it.  Cadillac, well, I don't think it is repairable, will find out from the insurance guy Monday.  But with it being that old, parts become an issue. Fortunately no one had to go to hospital except for the driver and passenger of the Traverse.  Didn't find out how serious injuries were.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
David and Danette View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2016 at 5:20pm
   I am moving to Tennessee in two months this is a reminder how dangerous ice and snow can be. Even though Tennessee is further south from Michigan but it's further north from South Florida where my experience driving during the Winter has been. Never have driven in snow or ice, I will need to learn but thankfully where I am moving there is not much of either during the Winter nothing like Michigan. I was just reading about the over 50 vehicle pile up on I-78 in  Pennsylvania.
2018 Vista Cruiser 19BFD (2018-              
2012 Vibe 6503 (2014-2019)
2009 r-pod 171 (2009-2014)
Middle Tn
2014 Ram 1500 Quad cab

StephenH View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2016 at 7:52pm
Yes, that 50+ car pileup was on the news. Unfortunately, all it takes is for one accident to happen in those type of conditions (or dense fog, for that matter) for a chain-reaction pileup to begin. Sorry to hear about your accident Jato.

David, one thing I was told years ago is to drive like there is a raw egg between your foot and the pedals. IOW, don't stomp on either the gas or brake. Allow much more following distance than you would on dry roads, more than you would on wet roads.

Storms around here (central NC) tend to have sleet and/or freezing rain along with the snow. It may start with sleet and finish with snow or start with snow and finish with freezing rain. Either way, the roads are very slick. We are forecast to have snow starting Sunday night and into Monday. How it will turn out remains to be seen.

Exercise caution and avoid driving if you can. In any case, watch out for the loose nuts behind the wheels.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2016 at 7:56pm
jato, glad you were ok.

David, where are you headed?  The two years I was there we had a trace snowfall, once, in the two years I was there.  I was south of Nashville.

Looks like we may get an ice storm on Tuesday here, after 3-5 inches of snow on Monday.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
jato View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2016 at 8:21pm
A scary thing to be in a white out.  Our driver hadn't been in an accident for 41 years, I think he was a bit overconfident driving in that white out last night.  It could have been a whole lot worse.  My dear wife suffered the most damage receiving an orbital ecchymosis (aka black eye) so as she goes up front to play piano for church tomorrow, I guess I better leave my baseball bat at home.  I was about ready to walk home instead of waiting to get someone to pick us up but the emc's wouldn't allow it under the white out and bitter cold conditions.  They said it would be crazy to walk the 2 miles under white out conditions with wind chill of - 31 F or - 36 C.  So instead we waited inside a cold car for over an hour until we could get someone to bring us home.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
StephenH View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2016 at 9:45pm
I agree with the EMTs. You would have been a whole lot worse off out in that weather. The car may have been cold, but you were out of the wind.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
David and Danette View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2016 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by techntrek

jato, glad you were ok.

David, where are you headed?  The two years I was there we had a trace snowfall, once, in the two years I was there.  I was south of Nashville.

Looks like we may get an ice storm on Tuesday here, after 3-5 inches of snow on Monday.
Tullahoma not to far from Huntsville Alabama at least that is where we get our television stations from using a antenna. We are about 10 minutes from Tims Ford Lake camp ground. If you go to the tullahomanews.com web site they have pictures of the snow this year about 4" not much but more than South Florida.
2018 Vista Cruiser 19BFD (2018-              
2012 Vibe 6503 (2014-2019)
2009 r-pod 171 (2009-2014)
Middle Tn
2014 Ram 1500 Quad cab

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12