R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedelectrical outlets

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: electrical outlets
    Posted: 25 Feb 2016 at 7:04pm
I just took my 2016 179 out of winter storage.We're planning a three week trip to Florida next Mon.I plugged a lamp into an interior outlet and no power.After investigation none of the interior or exterior outlets have power as well as the bathroom vent fan.Since it's so late and dark I'll look into it tomorrow but maybe someone can help me tonight.Would all of these be one the same circuit? And could it be a breaker or blown fuse.Any ideas would be appreciated.
ky.froggers
kymooses View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2016 at 11:12am
Originally posted by rayman

I just took my 2016 179 out of winter storage.We're planning a three week trip to Florida next Mon.I plugged a lamp into an interior outlet and no power.After investigation none of the interior or exterior outlets have power as well as the bathroom vent fan.Since it's so late and dark I'll look into it tomorrow but maybe someone can help me tonight.Would all of these be one the same circuit? And could it be a breaker or blown fuse.Any ideas would be appreciated.

First thing is are you plugged into shore power?  If not you're not going to have any of your outlets powered, they are not 12v.

Also if your battery has been sitting in the Pod and not plugged up for all that time it is also likely dead.  There are parasitic drains on the battery at all times.  You either disconnect the battery with a switch, remove it when in storage, or keep the whole Pod plugged in to maintain power and charging of it.
Leo B View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2016 at 11:16am
Well said!
Leo & Melissa Bachand
2017 Ford F150
2021 Vista Cruiser 19 csk
Previously owned
2015 Rpod 179
2010 Rpod 171
rayman View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2016 at 11:30am
HI MOOSES! I REMOVED THE BATTERY AND KEPT IT CHARGING OVER THE WINTER.I HAD IT CHECKED THIS MORNING AND THE BATTERY WAS GOOD.I HOOKED IT BACK UP AND THEN CHECKED THE ELECTRICAL PANEL OINSIDE.THERE WAS A 15 AMP BREAKER TRIPPED SO I RESET IT AND EVERYTHING NOW WORKS CORRECTLY.I EVEN TRIED DIFFERENT THINGS TO TRIP IT AGAIN AND COULDN'T MAKE IT TRIP.MY SON,AN ELECTRICIAN,SAID IT MAY NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN AND I MIGHT NEVER FIND THE REASON WHY IT DID THIS TIME.HAVE A GREAT DAY!WE'RE HEADING FOR FLORIDA NEXT WEEK .
ky.froggers
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2016 at 5:08pm
moved to the podmods section
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
 Post Reply Post Reply