R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWater on floor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Water on floor
    Posted: 07 Mar 2016 at 8:24pm
We had a pretty heavy rain the other day and I found some water puddled on the floor the next day. I sopped it up and made a note to check it again during a rainstorm. Found a smaller puddle during the next storm, but no sign of where it might be coming from. This is a new 2015 Rpod 179 and the puddle is near the base of the fridge. As the fridge is part of the slide out section, a likely culprit could be a slide out seam. The puddles developed while the slide was in. Anyone else have this problem? I also note that there are water lines in the wall under the fridge. Could it be from a fresh water line? One last piece of information. The last time I drained the gray waste, it seemed like it was taking a very long time. Once it slowed to a trickle, I shut it off and continued home. Just the other day I opened up the drain again and discovered that there were still a couple gallons left in the waste tank. The first gallon or so drained quickly then slowed to a trickle again. Not sure if this slow drain has anything to do with the water on the floor, but thought I'd pass it on.
"Don't sweat the small stuff"
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2016 at 8:35am
There are no water lines in the slide of a 179. There is also no connection to the pods water system and the grey water, other then through the sink and shower drains. If you suspect a blockage in the grey water tank plumbing, and can open it at home as it sounds you can, open the dump valve and push a running garden hose up it to see if it rinses something loose, maybe some construction debris or something.

As far as water on the floor under the fridge, check the caulking behind the fridge. After that, you can check around the seal with the garden hose.

Or if under warranty, take it to the dealer with your concerns.
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2016 at 1:57pm
Welcome. The gray side always drains slower since it has a smaller outlet pipe. It takes a very small change in lateral angle to slosh more water towards the outlet, so what you describe isn't surprising.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
 Post Reply Post Reply