R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedDVD/TV problem

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: DVD/TV problem
    Posted: 09 Apr 2016 at 12:33am
Well.. We figured out the hot water heater. Thanks for the help! Now we need help with the dvd player. The sound comes through the speakers but there is no signal to the tv for picture. We have tried switching between AV and component but can't get it to work. It appears the wires are connected correctly. Confused!!!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2016 at 5:34am

First, welcome to the group!

A couple of members have had a problem similar to what you describe. Please take a look at this and see if it helps:

video problem

Shelpod View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2016 at 11:35am
The video from the entertainment system would normally be a yellow composite cable, not component.  Make sure you have a cable running between the yellow video out on the entertainment system and the yellow video in on your tv. Depending on the tv, the source selection could be labeled various ways.
Pod: 2013 178
TV: 2014 Explorer Limited with tow package
Band Leader View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2016 at 1:31pm
Does anyone have poor receptioonwith the low profile TV antenna standard equipment on a 2016 RP178 Jensen TV? Any solutions?
2016 R Pod 178
2001 Ford F 150 Triton V8
Kayaks and old folks bicycles
TheBum View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2016 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by Band Leader

Does anyone have poor receptioonwith the low profile TV antenna standard equipment on a 2016 RP178 Jensen TV? Any solutions?

Is your antenna amplifier on? You should see a white plate near the TV cable outlets with an LED and a small pushbutton switch. If the LED is not on, the amplifier is turned off; press the button to turn it on.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2016 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by Band Leader

This antenna has 2 things working against it:

1. It is Omni-directional.
2. It is mounted low.

There is a saying amongst radio enthusiasts: "An Omni-directional antenna performs equally poorly in all directions". Contrasted with a multi-element yagi design which will have "gain" in the direction that it is pointed.

The Pod's antenna is also very low and at times may not have good "line of sight" to the TV station's transmitting antenna.

If you are willing to spend a little money and do a certain amount of set up work each time you camp, I can offer suggestions.

The Pod's antenna should work OK - just not great. If you are not receiving anything, anywhere - that could be a problem.
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2016 at 4:26pm
It is a low mount omni. I figured it could be a problem and I'm willing to try something. It does very well in some places but not where I expected. I'm likely going to carry my Direct TV box and buy a dome satellite antenna. But an antenna would be nice if I can figure out a replacement. Oh, my antenna button is on, so that's not the problem.
2016 R Pod 178
TheBum View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2016 at 4:29pm
Yagi antennas are not a panacea either. Unidirectional means mechanically rotating the antenna, potentially every time you change the channel. An ideal solution would be a yagi antenna that self-aligns, but it would have to be computer-controlled and provided with the channel frequency on every channel change, i.e. prohibitively expensive. An omnidirectional antenna with an amplifier is a good compromise, although I do agree that it should support telescoping upward when in use.

If someone could figure out a telescoping omni antenna solution, I'd be interested.
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2016 at 8:59pm
So would I, TheBum. I improved my reception by re searching the channels and giving my coax cables a little extra tightening twist. But, it's still weak.
2016 R Pod 178
TheBum View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2016 at 12:08pm
If you have $400 burning a hole in your pocket...

http://www.winegard.com/rayzarauto?gclid=CJCZ1sL_i8wCFYsmhgodglAA6g

It still doesn't telescope, but it at least steers mostly automatically.

Here's another more palatable option if you don't mind steering the antenna manually:

http://smile.amazon.com/KING-OA8200-Antenna-Built-Signal/dp/B004VF48YO

I may have to consider this one.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>