R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedTail light issues

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tail light issues
    Posted: 24 Apr 2016 at 7:49pm
Here is the information about the light that came on my 177
Surface mount stop-tail-turn light includes class A reflex for visibility. Does not require cutting large hole for mounting. 100,000 hour rated life. Sealed for long life. Seven inch straight wire leads – no pigtail required.

http://www.commandelectronics.com/shop/surface-mount-20-led-stop-tail-turn-light-round

003-6019rProductInfo.pdf
JandL
2013 Honda Ridgeline
2012 177
2 Paynes in a Pod
pnwcamper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2016 at 7:09pm
My tail light mystery has finally been solved.

Turns out when I took the tail light fixture off and was unhooking the wires I noticed the red wire from the light was not making a good connection to the red wire (hot) coming from inside the R-pod. Stripped the wire a bit, reconnected, and magic, it works.

This is after checking to make sure 12volts were getting to the tail light from inside the storage compartment and after driving an hour one way to get a replacement tail light. Which by the way was $38.00. Talked to the RV place and they are going to give me a refund.

Lesson learned. I'm back to being a happy camper...and legal since it hasn't worked since I purchased my used pod back in October.
2014 R-Pod 177
2009 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4.0 V6
timpod View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2016 at 7:58pm
Originally posted by pnwcamper

My tail light mystery has finally been solved.

Turns out when I took the tail light fixture off and was unhooking the wires I noticed the red wire from the light was not making a good connection to the red wire (hot) coming from inside the R-pod. Stripped the wire a bit, reconnected, and magic, it works.

This is after checking to make sure 12volts were getting to the tail light from inside the storage compartment and after driving an hour one way to get a replacement tail light. Which by the way was $38.00. Talked to the RV place and they are going to give me a refund.

Lesson learned. I'm back to being a happy camper...and legal since it hasn't worked since I purchased my used pod back in October.

Heh, before I read this I was going to post that having 12v at the light isn't always definitive. Sometimes you can have the voltage but because of bad connections or frayed wire you can't pull any amps. Though with the LEDs drawing so little, I wouldn't have expected this one.
2016 Pod 172
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
kerton View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2016 at 7:09pm
I had the same tail light problem.

In my case, upon further inspection, the LED housing was full of water like a fish tank.

Mine is the LED from Command Electronics model 003-6019R. I just ordered a replacement.

Jencabltn View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 10:00pm
Hi there. I just ordered a new brake light for my 2016 Rpod. When it comes, do I pop the old one out via the inside from under the kitchen cabinet? (After take of the lens and such on the outsidee)
Pod People View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2019 at 6:30am
I have replaced a set of tail lights on the rear. You simply cut the caulking around the base, unscrew the entire unit. The wiring comes out through a 1" hole in the pod's skin. Splice the new wires into the existing harness, apply new caulk and screw the fixture on.I would fill the old screw holes with silicone and use new screw holes for mounting the new fixture.
Simple and easy
good luck
Vann

Vann & Laura 2015 RPod 179
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2019 at 7:25am
Originally posted by Jencabltn

Hi there. I just ordered a new brake light for my 2016 Rpod. When it comes, do I pop the old one out via the inside from under the kitchen cabinet? (After take of the lens and such on the outsidee)

It's a complete "unit". You remove the screws from the outside. Remove all the silicone, move the wires from old light to new, screw new light in place, reseal with silicone.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12