R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedrdome suction hooks

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: rdome suction hooks
    Posted: 16 Apr 2016 at 8:32am
If you don't like the suction cups that come with the Rdome, I replaced mine with small command hooks that blend right in the the white siding.  They have been on for several years and have not fallen off.  Use small sturdy rubber bands through the holes on the Rdome and figure out where the best placement is for your set up. I also carry collapsible water bags and and some other weights for those camping situations where you cannot pound stakes into the ground.  We usually only put the Rdome up if we are staying someplace for 3-4 nights . 
Appocalexx View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2016 at 4:29am
Get any pictures of the command hooks on the pod? I was thinking of the exact same thing but have not come across anyone that has done something like that yet with pictures of how it looks. I was also looking more into the option of screwing permanent hooks that would be able to take some load if we ever hit a windy day and it would rip the hooks off the pod.
P and D Podders View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2016 at 9:51pm
Great idea using the command hooks. I have set up a couple of 2 X 6's with Eye bolts that I place under the stabilizers to secure the R-Dome at the pod which works well.
I am still working on securing the outer reaches of the dome when on solid surfaces or the red clay of Georgia.
Patriot Dave View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2016 at 7:59am
Originally posted by P and D Podders

Great idea using the command hooks. I have set up a couple of 2 X 6's with Eye bolts that I place under the stabilizers to secure the R-Dome at the pod which works well.
I am still working on securing the outer reaches of the dome when on solid surfaces or the red clay of Georgia.

Great idea regarding the ey bolts and 2 x 6's under the stabilizers.
Dave & Joyce
Never Forget, In God We Trust; This Our National Motto.
Member; Patriot Guard Riders, Michigan Chapter
Retired; So Every Day is Saturday.... Except Sunday
 Post Reply Post Reply