R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedseptic hose

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: septic hose
    Posted: 10 Jun 2016 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by ron/roscoe

Do the end caps move?  I need the Mounting brackets to move to fit my existing holes.  My hose is 60 inches.  The tube at camping world end caps do not move.

The SuperSlider end caps are fixed to the ends of the tube sections, but the two tube sections telescope to provide any length necessary. Mount the tube crosswise underneath the Pod. You can leave the original short tube where it is for small or short items. The SuperSlider is made by the same company thaa made the original tube and has the same hinged doors on the ends.
Charlie
Northern Colorado
OLD: 2013 RP-172, 2010 Honda Pilot 3.5L 4WD
PRESENT: 2014 Camplite 21RBS, 2013 Supercharged Tacoma 4L V6 4WD
Craneman View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2016 at 7:16pm
This is what we did on our 2010. 174
Jo and Gary, 2010-174,2011 F150

Jo and Gary
2010 174
2011 Ford 150

ron/roscoe View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2016 at 8:39pm
Good work.  I have several options to look at.  What was the total cost using the fence posts?  Thanks
Ron Rowland
Craneman View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2016 at 10:15pm
I think mine was around 20.00, but I had a lot of hardware already
Jo and Gary, 2010-174,2011 F150

Jo and Gary
2010 174
2011 Ford 150

SNO4ME View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2016 at 11:18pm
That is similar to what I have except I mounted mine on the toque between the batteries and the LP tanks.
On the access end I used a piece of 1/4 inch plastic with a piano hinge on the bottom and a small hasp on the top. I can't loose the lid and if I really wanted to I could lock it. I use a spring loaded clip like a dog/calf leash to secure the hasp.

Something else I did was to add a piece of cheap 5 inch plastic rain gutter inside to make a tray with a piece of round plastic tube for a handle on each end. I attached the tube handles with plastic zip ties. Have to make sure the bolts are off set to the sides so you can get the tray past them. (Think I used carriage bolts). If you hung the tube (post) from the bottom of the frame it wouldn't be a problem.

The tray makes it easier to place the hose in the tray instead of trying to stuff the hose into a hole. Also if I'm somewhere that has full hook ups I can cut the zip ties and use the tray to hold the sewer hose in a gradual grade so the poop chute works properly.  (Have only used full hook ups once for a short week in the three years we have had the Pod).
Bruce & Donna in the Sno Pod
(and Brewer too)
2011 RP 177
SNO4ME View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2016 at 11:20pm
Originally posted by SNO4ME

That is similar to what I have except I mounted mine on the toque between the batteries and the LP tanks.
On the access end I used a piece of 1/4 inch plastic with a piano hinge on the bottom and a small hasp on the top. I can't loose the lid and if I really wanted to I could lock it. I use a spring loaded clip like a dog/calf leash to secure the hasp.

Something else I did was to add a piece of cheap 5 inch plastic rain gutter inside to make a tray with a piece of round plastic tube for a handle on each end. I attached the tube handles with plastic zip ties. Have to make sure the bolts are off set to the sides so you can get the tray past them. (Think I used carriage bolts). If you hung the tube (post) from the bottom of the frame it wouldn't be a problem.

The tray makes it easier to place the hose in the tray instead of trying to stuff the hose into a hole. Also if I'm somewhere that has full hook ups I can cut the zip ties and use the tray to hold the sewer hose in a gradual grade so the poop chute works properly.  (Have only used full hook ups once for a short week in the three years we have had the Pod).

OOOOPS!
All that typing and I go back and look and Craneman has pictures posted 3 hours ago. Embarrassed
Bruce & Donna in the Sno Pod
(and Brewer too)
2011 RP 177
JHoffman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2016 at 8:11pm
This was my solution.
2016 176t Rpod the "Hoffpod"
2010 Toyota Tundra 5.7L
Leaton View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2016 at 5:32am
The short hose holder seems too short even with a cut down hose. From your post, it sounds like there is nothing I am missing....just too short a design.
ron/roscoe View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2016 at 8:52am
On my R178, I used the camping world 62 inch sewer hose pipe and hung it to the frame using several large hose clamps to the 2x4 beam.  It won't fall off'.  Hardest part assumesas creating a space between the 2x4 beam and The bottom of the floor..  
Ron Rowland
Keith-N-Dar View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2016 at 11:52am
In five years of camping I have only had one occasion where the hose that came with our pod wasn't satisfactory.  That was the only time we camped with full hookups, and I had to move the pod mam few feet to dump.  The rest of the times the hose has worked fine at the station.  All in how you choose to camp.
Keith-N-Dar
Boris & Betty (Boston Terriers)
2011 R-Pod 177
2010 Ford F-150
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12