R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSlide out not wired to inverter

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Slide out not wired to inverter
    Posted: 04 Jul 2016 at 3:12pm
Okay, was starting on various modifications and such for my R-pod.   One was tearing various panels out and chasing where wires went.  I finally got to pulling the main inverter/breaker panel when I started putting two and two together and coming up zero.

We're all told we've got 2 free fuses to do with whatever, but the bottom fuse (30A) appears to be labeled on the circuit board for the slide.   That didn't make sense as I was told that the second set of smaller wires hooked straight to the battery were for the slide.  (There's no wiring that comes out the side of the bus for the 30A let alone any wires that appear to be non-connected to go to the slide)  Pulling the fuse, reconnecting the battery and trying the slide proved what I feared, it worked.   Crawling around underneath I didn't see any inline fuse, either Cry.  

Is this standard?  I bought this new (not used), but it appears that the slide wires go straight to the battery and I'm puzzled to where (if at all) there is an inline fuse.

On the other hand, I've got a third open fuse in the breaker panel.
2016 HRE R-179 "CapPODccino"
2011 F-150 SLX
CharlieM View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2016 at 4:52pm
I didn't have a slide on my RPOD, but my present Camplite has a similar Schwintek slide apparatus. The motor feeds do bypass the fuse panel and I've not found an inline fuse. Not the best situation, but functional. The control circuit feed does go through a 15A fuse in the panel. The circuit board labeling doesn't mean FR hooked it up that way. 
Charlie
Northern Colorado
OLD: 2013 RP-172, 2010 Honda Pilot 3.5L 4WD
PRESENT: 2014 Camplite 21RBS, 2013 Supercharged Tacoma 4L V6 4WD
bjk View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2016 at 8:42pm
It was clear it wasn't wired that way.   I'll keep looking but if I don't find one, I'll wire a fuse inline.
2016 HRE R-179 "CapPODccino"
2011 F-150 SLX
 Post Reply Post Reply