Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedFirst Post - Event Date: 06 Jul 2016

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: First Post
    Posted: 06 Jul 2016 at 3:05pm
Not sure if this is how to post but, we just picked up a 2017 R Pod 179 last Thursday. I have been reading this forum for quite a while, it helped me make the decision to get an R Pod and, specifically the 179. I notice a lot of recommendations and mods people have done are already included in my Pod. There is a directional antenna, outside shower, hooks on the bathroom door. I am so green with this that I really don't know what I don't know. I really appreciate everyone's input and advise, it really helps. This is our first RV as we have graduated from tent camping. Hope to meet many of you out there.
Pod-on people.
MDPaddlersPod
2017 RPod 179
2002 Silverado1500
Leo B View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2016 at 3:12pm
Welcome to the group! Congrats on your 179, we really like ours!!
Leo & Melissa Bachand
2017 Ford F150
2021 Vista Cruiser 19 csk
Previously owned
2015 Rpod 179
2010 Rpod 171
MDPaddlersPod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2016 at 3:25pm
Thanks LEO, we went to many shows and thought about this selection a long time. I am very happy with the choice and am looking forward to testing it. Funny we started looking at much larger trailers and kept coming back to the R Pod, many people we talked with said the smaller you can live with the more you will use it.
MDPaddlersPod
2017 RPod 179
2002 Silverado1500
birderdiane526 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2016 at 5:30pm
Hi and congrats! Three weeks ago we moved up from a tiny teardrop to a 2016 rpod 179 and so far we are really happy with it. Love the space and layout. Have fun with it! Happy trails!
Diane and Michael
2016 179 "PIP" (PODDING IN PARADISE)
2007 Toyota Tundra
BLOG:Podding in Paradise,
birderdiane526.blogspot.com
Trotwood View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2016 at 7:07pm
Welcome Paddler! Your description sounds like the one I entered here only a couple months ago.  It may seem a bit intimidating at first, trying to figure out how to operate all the systems in your pod, but we've already had a lot of fun and adventure in our new pod and we're only a couple months ahead of you.  You'll be a pro in no time, especially if you're reading this forum.  Let us know if you have any questions.  Lot of helpful people here.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2016 at 8:27am
Thanks Birderdiane526 and Trotwood. I do have a couple of questions on the water storage tank. How do you disinfect the water system initially, should it be done periodically, and if so how often? Another question is how do you know when the water storage tank is full when filling it? Many thanks, I can't tell you all how much I appreciate the support.
MDPaddlersPod
2017 RPod 179
2002 Silverado1500
DavidW View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2016 at 9:06am
Welcome to the Forum, Paddlers!

We had a wonderful visit to Cunningham Falls State Park at the beginning of June and can't wait to return to your state.

For filling the water tank you will see an air escape filter right beside the water intake. As you fill the water tank air will escape and audibly gurgle until the tank is full. At that point water will gush out of the air escape filter AND, if you don't ease up on the filling, you will get wet!

Cheers,

David
David & Liz
2014 R-Pod 178
2019 Chevy Traverse
And Lily (our 8 yr old Golden)
StephenH View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2016 at 9:09am
I'll take a crack at this. First off, some of the mods were for older models. It is nice that Forest River is listening to us and improving the R-Pod. For example, you have real curtain rods for your kitchen window. Ours had a plastic slider track that didn't slide very well. It now has curtain rods. Ours did come with hooks on the bathroom door and an outside shower. Earlier models didn't.

Reverse order of your questions:

You know the fresh water tank is full when you hear the pitch of the sound the water makes flowing into the tank change, much like when you fill a bottle. If you don't stop it, it will simply overflow. Then you are sure it is full. Smile

Sanitization: Usually done once in the spring when you de-winterize the system, or when it is new, or when you have not used it for a while and just want to be sure. The Sanidumps web site has good information on how to sanitize your fresh water system.

Congratulations on your 179. We have been enjoying ours. We picked it up in December. I had the same questions about sanitizing when we first got it. All of us are new to this at one time or another. This forum has been an invaluable source of information for us. Welcome, and perhaps we'll cross paths at a pod rally somewhere.

p.s. If you check out the "Instructions on How to Empty Your RV Holding Tanks," please disregard the "Ice Cube Trick" at the bottom of the page. There is a YouTube video that debunks it as useless. The ice does nothing toward cleaning the tank. The black water flush system is much more effective.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
Trotwood View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2016 at 9:50am
Hi Paddler, I second what David and Stephen said about filling potable water tank and sanitizing.  Also, my owners manual actually describes the sanitization process.  I have to confess tho, that I haven't actually done it yet.  We got our pod just a couple months ago.  I think I might try sanitizing the water system before the next trip nevertheless just to see how it goes.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2016 at 10:10am
StephenH, many thanks, I checked out the Sanidumps website, it answers my questions and more.
MDPaddlersPod
2017 RPod 179
2002 Silverado1500
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>