R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedE2 WDH model recommendation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: E2 WDH model recommendation
    Posted: 11 Jul 2016 at 10:23pm
did you install it?  wondered as reference how many spacers you used on your Tundra?
Island Rider View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 1:25am
I did install it on our stock Tundra and 179. I used 4 spacers and installed the L brackets on the tongue in the lowest position. I also bolted the head of the hitch in the lowest position on the stock shank. Having the hitch higher and/or more spacers and/or having the the L brackets higher resulted in the Tundra being a bit nose down from the instructions provided by Fastway. With this set up when sitting on flat ground the stance of the TV is good and the Rpod is slightly nose down (about 1 inch measuring from the front and back of the frame to the ground).
I know that Fastway indicates that 5 spacers are the minimum but that didn't seem to work for me. I can't see any problem with 4 spacers. One caveat. I did this shortly after we bought the trailer and it wasn't fully loaded. I will check the setup again later this year and adjust if necessary.
I'm happy with the results.

Dan
Vancouver Island
2016 179, 2016 Tundra
stevei54 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 8:36pm
Island Rider,   any clearance problems?  I had the brackets in the lowest position and was worried if the ground clearance was  to  low and might cause problems?   Not sure I saw whether you had the round or the trunion version?
Island Rider View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 10:06pm
I have the round bar version which sits lower on the standard shank than the trunnion version when mounted in the lowest position. This means setup will differ between the two versions.
I haven’t had any clearance issues. The brackets look low but haven't dragged. I had a good test of clearance recently when loading onto a small ferry during a very low tide. There was quite an angle between the ramp and the ferry deck. Nothing dragged. I think the fact that the brackets are about 2'+ aft of the coupler helps.
Dan
Vancouver Island
2016 179, 2016 Tundra
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123