R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedEnduro Trailer Mover

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Enduro Trailer Mover
    Posted: 23 Jul 2016 at 3:11pm
Has anyone installed an Enduro Trailer Mover on their Pod? More specifically the 179?

http://www.purplelineusa.com/products-enduro-trailer-mover.php

Pros? Cons? General thoughts?

Thanks for any input!!
Rob & Becky
2014 Ford Explorer 3.5 SOHC V6
2015 R-179 Pod aka Piddle Pod

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain!!"
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2016 at 5:28pm
I looked at it. It seems a bit of overkill for the R-Pod. The Trailer Valet would probably be more appropriate. The XL model is about half the price of the Enduro, and the 5X is about a third of the price.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
Grandpa Hiker View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2016 at 6:24pm
Purple Line is closing out the Enduro series. It is on sale for $600, which is about the same price as the Trailer Valet XL ($580). I currently have the Trailer Valet 5X. I want to but a tool box on the tongue of my 179, but cannot because of the 5X bracket. My concern is whether or not the Enduro will fit on the 179. 
Rob & Becky

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain!!"
StephenH View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2016 at 4:23pm
Okay. That was not clear from the first post. I also did not know that you already had the Trailer Valet 5x. How do you like it? Did you get the adapter to be able to use a cordless drill? If so, how well does that work?
StephenH

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2016 at 8:47pm
I'm not sure but I don't think the 5X was originally designed to be used with a cordless. I do know that the newer XL model has different gear ratio's than the older 5X model that I have. 

My 5X does pretty good on flat asphalt or concrete, but not so good on a slope or on gravel or grass. My original purpose in considering a change is that I want to install a 6' tool box on the front tongue. The Trailer Valet 5X mounting bracket would prevent that. So I was considering the Trailer Valet XL which does not have a mounting bracket. But the $580 price of the XL was holding me back. When I got the email from Purple Line about the Enduro being on sale for $600 I got  interested.
Rob & Becky

StephenH View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2016 at 10:42pm
I asked about the adapter because I saw on the 5X information that one was available. The gearing of the 5X must be okay if Trailer Valet sells it.  Since the 5X has two gears (high or low), it would likely work fine. I understand now why you were asking about the Enduro. It would add about 88 lbs to your R-Pod. In addition, there are control parts to be mounted inside (presumably, drilling holes through the floor through which to run wires). With the limited space inside an R-Pod, this might be a problem. I think your $600 Enduro might wind up costing significantly more when you figure in installation. A single 12-Volt battery would likely be insufficient to run this. Dual 6-Volt batteries would likely be needed to support the current demands (from one of the reviews referenced on the web site). However, you know your needs best.
StephenH

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2016 at 8:12am
Thanks for your input. I'll do a little more research before I make a final decision.
Rob & Becky

Post Reply Post Reply