R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedInstalling window screen on a 179

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Installing window screen on a 179
    Posted: 25 Sep 2016 at 1:25pm
My 2016 179 was delivered missing one of the window screens for a window over the bed. The dealer ordered a new screen for me, which I now have in hand. I am having a problem installing that screen. It looks to me like I may have to take the window frame apart to insert the screen, but I am hoping that there is an easier way. Do you folks have any suggestions as to how I can install this screen without taking the window frame apart?
Woolly99
2014 Toyota 4Runner
2016 R-Pod 179
john in idaho View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2016 at 2:00pm
I had to reinsert the screen on our 179 that my mini aussie pushed out.  I used a little curved tool. like a blunt dental pick.  Then put the rubber in the groove over the fabric screen and the rubber popped into the same groove..  Would have been easier if I could have gotten the slider out, but I was afraid I would break it by bending.  Not hard, but once I found the right tool it went in in about 10 minutes.  It might have been easier with the window apart but I couldn't figure out the blind attachment.
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2016 at 2:37pm
I had to remove one of our screens, twice.  No need to disassemble (assuming it is the same as our 2010 model).  Might be easier to figure out how to remove one of the other screens, first.  It has been a few years but I believe there was a position (slid open?) where it came on/off much easier.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
 Post Reply Post Reply