R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedShade Replacement

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shade Replacement
    Posted: 07 Oct 2016 at 5:03pm
I need to replace one of the shades over the bed in our 2015 R-179 as one of the strings has broken. I have ordered the shade but have no idea how to remove the valance (if that is necessary) or the shadeOuch 
If anyone has done this and would care to share their experience or even pictures I will be very grateful.

Ron & Sharon
2015 R-Pod 179
2022 Nissan Frontier

No trees were harmed in the sending of this message but a billion electrons were really agitated
StarGazer View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2016 at 12:03pm
I managed to get the valance over the dining area (2017 179 model); it was all screws - no clips but was pretty puzzled also how to remove the valances over the bed? I'm going to look at them again today and if I solve the puzzle without tearing up the valances and/or walls I'll let you know. Smile

ronahue View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2016 at 12:55pm
Thanks StarGazer,
I was hoping someone braver than I would tackle this first. I can't even figure out how to get the valence off. I'm safe for now since my dealer ordered the wrong color shade it will probably be another month before the right one arrives. However the shade was only $14 so I may just have the dealer do the installation.

Ron & Sharon
2015 R-Pod 179
2022 Nissan Frontier

No trees were harmed in the sending of this message but a billion electrons were really agitated
StarGazer View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2016 at 10:54am
Well, I got all the valances out; my wife recovered them with some bright fun fabric and we reinstalled them. There are no clips holding them in (at  least in the 2017 model 179); it's all screws. The valance over the dining area is easy; it's screwed in to the bottom of the overhead cabinets. The ones over the bed were a little harder. I had to feel around with my finger where the screw head was located then work the screwdriver under the fabric. But - the screws holding the valance toward the front side of the trailer were a little different; after feeling around where the screw head was, I took a sharp knife (razor) and made a small slit in the fabric above it so I could get the screwdriver to the screw head. We reinstalled them with short (1 1/2 inch) angle brackets instead of screwing through the fabric. I would post some pics but I don't seem to have that ability.
ronahue View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2016 at 11:40am
Thank You StarGazer,
This sounds like it mat be a job for my dealer.
Ron & Sharon
2015 R-Pod 179
2022 Nissan Frontier

Mike&Sally View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2017 at 11:14am
Hi there - couple of questions. I'm trying to do what you did and can't figure out/find where the scews are in the valances over the bed. I haven't tried over the couch but can see they will be screwed into the bottom of the cabinet so i just need to locate them. The bed valances have to be screwed in from the back rather than the top - i understand cutting the lining fabric to find heads but how did you get to them with a scewdriver at that angle ? Also is the blind attached to the valance so that it all comes down together ? Do you remember approximately how many screws were involved ? Really appreciate your help & would love to see the fun fabric !

Sally
 Post Reply Post Reply