R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWinterize Questions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Winterize Questions
    Posted: 07 Nov 2016 at 11:17am
Thank you, I'm going to have the rpod out twice in November and just before Christmas (each in warmer locations).  After that, I think I'll go ahead and winterize it.  It will sit for a couple months after that, roughly late December-early March.  Will I have issues not having a heated water hose if temps briefly go freezing overnight (I'm talking like 28-32 degrees at the coldest and warming to above freezing during the day)?  Trying to decide if I need to buy a heated water hose.
CharlieM View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2016 at 11:44am
Originally posted by Jewel59

Thank you, I'm going to have the rpod out twice in November and just before Christmas (each in warmer locations).  After that, I think I'll go ahead and winterize it.  It will sit for a couple months after that, roughly late December-early March.  Will I have issues not having a heated water hose if temps briefly go freezing overnight (I'm talking like 28-32 degrees at the coldest and warming to above freezing during the day)?  Trying to decide if I need to buy a heated water hose.

I'm assuming you are thinking about while you're camping. If so, the easiest solution is to disconnect the external hose at night. Make sure you have plenty of water in the FW tank and use the pump at night. Works great.
Charlie
Northern Colorado
OLD: 2013 RP-172, 2010 Honda Pilot 3.5L 4WD
PRESENT: 2014 Camplite 21RBS, 2013 Supercharged Tacoma 4L V6 4WD
Jewel59 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2016 at 12:38pm
Thank you so much....I'm still a newbie with a change in season.  Good solution!
CharlieM View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2016 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by Jewel59

Thank you so much....I'm still a newbie with a change in season.  Good solution!

You're very welcome. If you disconnect both ends of the external hose and take 20 seconds to drain it you can reconnect in the morning and have plenty of water immediately.
Charlie
Northern Colorado
OLD: 2013 RP-172, 2010 Honda Pilot 3.5L 4WD
PRESENT: 2014 Camplite 21RBS, 2013 Supercharged Tacoma 4L V6 4WD
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2016 at 2:00pm
+1, again.   
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
texman View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2016 at 3:53pm
Can we discuss camping in freezing temps ?  by that i mean freezing at night to say mid 20s.  my thinking is if you are heating the interior, no worries really as long as the tanks are not full and could potentially burst.  my question really is what damage are we worried about?  the water pump obviously, but it is inside and will be heated. the exterior lines appear to be a pex type material and should expand if frozen. is that correct?  what else is there to consider?

texmanConfused

TexMan 2015 182g
2018 Sequoia
TexManMods
texman View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2016 at 10:07am
Originally posted by texman

Can we discuss camping in freezing temps ?  by that i mean freezing at night to say mid 20s.  my thinking is if you are heating the interior, no worries really as long as the tanks are not full and could potentially burst.  my question really is what damage are we worried about?  the water pump obviously, but it is inside and will be heated. the exterior lines appear to be a pex type material and should expand if frozen. is that correct?  what else is there to consider?

texmanConfused

i think i didnt post this correctly.  Trying again.

Texman  Embarrassed
TexMan 2015 182g
2018 Sequoia
TexManMods
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12