R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAnti-Sway Bar

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anti-Sway Bar
    Posted: 27 Feb 2017 at 7:40pm
We are picking out the Honda Pilot we will be towing our rented (and eventually buy) R-Pod with.   I can't find anything about the special bars that help reduce swaying.   Are they installed on the vehicle or the R-Pod?    Sorry if this is a stupid question.  I'd always pictured it on the vehicle but didn't see the option on Honda's website, which is making me question my assumption. 
jato View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2017 at 7:54pm
We have a relatively simple setup with our sway-bar.  An additional plate is installed on the receiver that slides into the TV hitch.  On the pod another plate is installed on the right (passenger) side near the front of the hitch.  After hooking the pod to your TV you install the sway bar to both balls and hook together using 2 'hair clips.'  Attaching the sway bar  takes maybe 30 seconds once you hook your TV to the pod.  After that move the adjusting bar clockwise until snug.

Whether you purchase yourself or if a dealer or garage does this for you, you will get the sway bar link, both plates and 2 hair clips with the kit.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
 Post Reply Post Reply