R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHow do I FIX this?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: How do I FIX this?
    Posted: 09 Mar 2017 at 9:24am
i think the screws are just fastening to the panel there.  I will try a stud finder to see if there is anything more sturdy there.  Has to be some studs there i would think.  And it is possible that something heavy could have been there, would not take that much weight if the screws are only in the panel. Ouch
TexMan 2015 182g
2018 Sequoia
TexManMods
ToolmanJohn View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2017 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by texman

BTW-that mosquito spray tip should be somewhere in the tips and tricks if it isnt already.  That stuff is dangerous around plastic.

DO NOT store those little pump spray bottles of mosquito repellent in your vehicle door cubbies. If it leaks, and I know they eventually do, it will melt the interior door panels. Don't spray repellent near your open car doors either. AND NEVER apply spray repellent to your neck/head after putting your bicycle helmet on. Helmets don't like it.  Never mind how I learned all this, it wasn't from reading...Nuff said.
2017 ATC 7X20 Custom Toy Hauler
2013 R-Pod 177 (SOLD)
2013 VW Touareg TDI
lostagain View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2017 at 6:59pm
Rather than trying to re secure the counter top to the wall (it looks from the pictures that it's actually the backsplash) and risk having the screws keep pulling out, with bigger and bigger screw holes left behind, how about staining and sealing some 1/4 round molding and glue it or screw it - maybe both - to the wall so that it rests on the top of the backsplash or counter top. That way if the wall or the counter top is flexing or moving some, each moves relatively independently of the other but they'd be close enough together to not leave a gap for stuff to fall in.
Never leave footprints behind.
Fred & Maria Kearney
Sonoma 167RB
Our Pod 172
2019 Ford F-150 4x4 2.7 EcoBoost
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12