R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWater on floor

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Water on floor
    Posted: 28 Mar 2017 at 9:01am
I just picked up a 2014 R-Pod 179. I pulled it home about 350 miles in the rain. It wasn't pouring rain, but steady rain all day, with a lot of puddles. When I got it home, I opened the door and there was a small amount of water on the floor in front of the kitchen counter. It wasn't a lot of water (probably equivalent of 1/2 cup or so). It just made me curious where it came from? Could I get a small amount through the refridgerator vents?

I didn't see anything wet running down the walls or around windows. Any thoughts?
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2017 at 9:29am
Where exactly was the water? Was it near the door or near the refrigerator or near the center? If it is closer to the door, then check your door seals. If it is nearer the refrigerator, then check the seals around the slide-out. If it is near the center, then check your kitchen sink drain connections. If you think it might be through the refrigerator vents, then pull off the vent covers. See if there is water in the area behind the refrigerator. One other thing to look for is whether you see any evidence that water might have come in around the kitchen window frame, run across the counter, and dripped onto the floor. If that is the case, check the tightness of the screws in the frame around the window and check the condition of the sealant around the top and sides of the window on the outside.

It can be hard to see where leaks are coming from, but careful observation may help you pin the source down.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
tsherv View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2017 at 9:34am
The water was closer to the center...pretty much in front of the sink. That's where the majority was. There was a slight trail where it had run side to side. Also - the camper hasn't been moved since last summer. Could that have anything to do with it?
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2017 at 11:18am
Did you test the water system before leaving, and if you did, do you have a sink cover installed? We have had water in the faucet "splash out" onto the sink cover..
StephenH View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2017 at 1:34pm
+1. The stock faucet that came with our R-Pod would leak. We did not usually put the cover on since we had a dish rack and miscellaneous items in the sink, so we would stop and see water in the sink when it was empty before. The new faucet I installed does not do that.
StephenH

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
tsherv View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2017 at 1:44pm
Thanks for the info. I will investigate further tonight.
Gregm View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2017 at 1:59pm
I had water coming in from my outside heater vent
I had it sealed by the dealer and have not had a problem since.
Gregm
2014 171
2015 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner
StephenH View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2017 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by Gregm

I had water coming in from my outside heater vent
I had it sealed by the dealer and have not had a problem since.

It would be highly unlikely that the outside heater vent would be the problem in this case. The heater in the 179 is at the front end and the kitchen sink is at the back end. If it were the heater, the water would have had to run the length of the R-Pod before making a puddle on the floor in front of the kitchen sink. However, any place something penetrates the shell of the R-Pod is a place where a leak is possible, so it is good to check them all.
StephenH

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
voisj View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2017 at 10:09pm
 last weekend we went out to a local lake, When we opened the slide out there was a small puddle about 4" from the center of the counter out on the floor. I took off the lower inspection panel and found the drain fitting between the grey flexible pipe and the black drain line was loose, It's on the floor center of the cabinet. Tightened it up and haven't seen that problem since. 
  Then when we were getting ready to come home there was water against the wall right of the fridge, took off the panel again and there was water at the back wall there to. Finally traced it to the flexible grey pipe that connects to the the sink drain, It's behind a little divider between the drawers and under sink area. It was also loose and looked like it had pulled out some and water was dripping down it. Tightened it up and now things look like they are fixed. The first one sounds like what you experienced. 
rgds John
SLOPODMODS
John&Sue,SLO,CA
2016 180 HRE, 2013 F150 Eco Boost

Serendipity View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 8:15pm
We just took a trip with our 2012 175 in heavy rain on the highway. We had two or three cups of water on the floor when we arrived. Could not figure out where it came from, but believe it may have been splashed through the fridge vent panels from a huge amount of water on the highway. It was like driving down a river with the trucks and cars passing and water splashing up in great amounts.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>