R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedBed Lamp?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bed Lamp?
    Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 4:02pm
Does anyone have a great idea for a bed/reading lamp that can be turned off without getting out of bed?   The 179 doesn't have a switch in reach when you're lying in bed.  Maybe even a good battery operated wall mount LED.  And not a "Clap On - Clap Off"!!!
Gary E
McCall, Idaho
2017 RP179

https://www.instagram.com/erttergary/
ronahue View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 6:05pm
We use a headlamp it works well and doesn't disturb the other sleeper.

Ron & Sharon
2015 R-Pod 179
2022 Nissan Frontier

No trees were harmed in the sending of this message but a billion electrons were really agitated
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by ronahue

We use a headlamp it works well and doesn't disturb the other sleeper.

We have his and hers Nitecore HC90's... We also have to walk dogs after dark.. very handy.
JET View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 10:59pm
I found the perfect solution for me was the Nebo "slyde" rechargeable flashlight. It slides open for a bright work light that is also perfect for a reading light. I set it on the counter right next to my bed with the flashlight slid open to read by. The "slide" can be open all the way or just partially to regulate less light if full light is not needed (it is really bright). Also the flashlight has a strong magnet on the end so it can be easily attached to any metal surface. Being rechargeable I can plug it in in the R-Pod (when hooked up to shore power) while not using it and always have it at full strength. It is simply a great flashlight.

You can find them on Amazon, Ebay, Wal-Mart etc. I would make sure you get the rechargeable model. They make them also that work on conventional batteries. 

If you use the search "Nebo Slyde rechargeable" you should find them for sale in numerous places.

John
fwunder View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2017 at 7:34am
We use an inexpensive clamp light (HomeDepot) with a 15Watt warm LED. It's plugged into inverter (when camping without hookup). Yeah, could be more efficient, but I had the parts, it's just the right light and she's happy!

2014 RPod 178 => MyMods and Buying Habits
2008 4Runner Limited 4.0-liter V6
Yes, those are wild ponies dining on grass while dumping tanks!
jimandclare View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2017 at 8:57am
A number of members to this forum installed light weight closet shelving, available from Lowes, over the bed for more storage space.  I copied this mod and installed one over both the foot and head of the bed.

For reading lights while in bed I purchased two individually switched 12v LED swivel lights from Amazon.  I built a box to attached them to and attached the box to the underside of the shelf in the center of the bed.  I ran the wires along the shelf and down the wall to a 12v supply which is under the bed.

Jim & Clare
2016 R-pod 178
2014 Ford Edge
 Post Reply Post Reply