R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAnyone add bed curtains?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone add bed curtains?
    Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 11:17pm
Has anyone added a curtain or divider for the bed on a 178? Haven't got my rpod yet but thinking that will be one of the first mods. Then maybe an upper shelf over the bed. Mainly just looking for a little separation from the kids in that small trailer.

I would think there would be a curtain with insulating properties to cut back on noise and also help keep a single person warm at night if I stayed by myself in it.
IL-Podders View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2017 at 6:27am
McCall added bed curtains to a 179 and posted some great pictures a few days ago.  It looks like a great mod.
Marv-N-Kathy
2015 179 RPod
2016 Chevy Tahoe
David49 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2017 at 3:19pm
Easiest 178 mod yet! I got a narrow tension rod that runs from the outside wall behind the bathroom to the opposite wall just behind the slide. The rod rests on top of the clothes hanger behind the bathroom for stability. If you don't have the clothes hanger to add support, I'd use some automotive double sided tape or a hook. 
MDPaddlersPod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2017 at 4:58pm
I did this in my 2016 179. IO used a fancy tension shower rod and a very nice shower curtain. The length was perfect and I had to do no hemming or alterations.
MDPaddlersPod
2017 RPod 179
2002 Silverado1500
Danielw1 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2017 at 10:07pm
Thanks for the info. I was thinking about a track style mounted on the ceiling. Only down side of that would be screwing into ceiling.
M0tl3y View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2017 at 8:58am
Originally posted by M0tl3y

I'm going to add a few separate posts, with pictures, of mods I've done. They're pretty much my version of mods others have done, but the pictures may be of use to some.

This first one is flexible curtain track I've added to create privacy sections in our 178. Basically it allows the queen bed and the kitchen area to be cordoned off for privacy when changing or using the shower. I can basically divide the Pod into 3rds. This is really nice when someone is showering and needs to towel-off and change outside the shower while others are using the table area, or still sleeping in the queen bed.

I started by getting some flexible track, it was this exact brand but a two shorter, 6ft versions.

I cut it to length, did a mod to add a magnet to both ends to hold the curtains in place when fully extended, and installed into the roof.

I found some bedsheets for cheap on eBay in the style my DW and kids like and created curtains by installing grommets and hooks. The curtains can easily be removed if not needed on a trip, or just slid to one side or the other.

The one near the bed didn't require much flexing. It runs straight from the left of the kitchen slide out and then bends slightly around the shower.

To the right of the kitchen slide this one required some finesse to get around the air conditioning and light fixtures. 

Hopefully this repost works that shows the pictures of the track railing I did to my 178. It's worked great and when not needed we just store the curtains out of the way and otherwise don't notice the railing. I've had no problems with the screws added to the ceiling. 
The 178 club
 Post Reply Post Reply