R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedVenting the trailer during storage

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Venting the trailer during storage
    Posted: 03 May 2017 at 11:20pm
What is the best way to vent the trailer when stored in warm weather?. We had our first warm day today in the Pacific Northwest (78). I went in the trailer and in was hotter than s***!. Probably not as warm as some places right now but I noticed the table trim peeling around the edge. I had everything closed and turned fan on and opened windows. What's the best way to store in different weather? We are going from 80 to 60 and rain tomorrow, can't really leave everything open
jato View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 4:34am
For us we have the luxury of storing our 177 inside part of our horsebarn so during winter and summer months we can keep a couple windows, across from each other open an inch for cross ventilation.  If it is stored outside w/o a cover then you have a new set of challenges since the weather can change drastically one day to the next.  I see no other way than to monitor your weather each day and make plans accordingly.  If rain is forecast you will have to keep things shut, otherwise at least a couple windows open a bit will help immensely.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
dr2428 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 5:33am
Consider a fan cover like this: https://www.amazon.com/Maxxair-00-955002-Black-Fanmate-Hardware/dp/B010D1VJSC  Check for fit on your particular model. I installed one and am able to leave my fan open constantly, this keeps the rain out. I'm fortunate to have my Pod parked at home and plugged in so I run the fan a lot, and open windows regularly. My fan stayed open all winter long with the Maxxair cover on. We purchased ours 179 last August, and just took it out, still had that new camper smell. You'll likely get other answers here too. Much of what I know about my Pod I learned here.

Good luck
2017 RPod 179
2018 Chevy Colorado Z71 4x4
Subzilla View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 12:35pm
Like the vent cover....would also keep forest debris from dropping into the vent so easy.  I will put that on the wish list.  
 I keep a cover on my 179 Podzilla when not in use.  Can still get hot inside but it's not roasting like a black car on a 95 degree day.!
Mark
Concord, NC
2017 RP 179 "Podzilla"
2011 Silverado 1500 4X4
Q7-retired View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 4:31pm
Sorry if this is a silly answer, but are you able to plug it in?  I ran a 30 amp circuit off my garage and leave OurPod  plugged in.  The battery stays charged and I set the AC at 85 degrees.
Best regards, Jim
2015-RP178
TV 2015 Audi Q7 TDI and 2017 Ford F150
At home in "Our Pod"
vtwin View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 4:56pm
The table trim is from previous owner fix (or most likely FR crappy workmanship), not the 70 degree heat.. Worry more about keeping it dry, use Damprid/Dri-z-air, etc type moisture remover.. Put it in the shower area and check it weekly.. If its outside in direct element, get a cover over it to help reduce condensation..
 Post Reply Post Reply